Answered

Can't update from 8.2.2 to 8.3 for Apple devices

• 23 January 2018
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Updated from 8.2.2 on my PC just fine. However when I try to update to 8.3 on any of the three Apple devices I have once I hit the update link am asked if I want to open in Apple Store. 8.3 listed and Open button next to it. Doesn't update. Still have 8.2.2

I had to delete Sonos from my Apple devices, go to Apple store and download 8.3 and install.
icon

Best answer by User760421 23 January 2018, 19:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Badge
Delete old app, then download newest 8.3.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Yeah figured that out. For someone who uses only an apple devices this would be inconvenient as you might have to completely reinstall your speakers and wifi. Crappy update, shouldn't have to do this. I hope that the new interface is better.
Just update via App Store. Worked fine for me, did not need to delete app.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Problem as described I attempted to update from 8.2.2. through Apple update. Was asked if I wanted to open in apple store. Would not update at all, just recycled to the open in apple store dialogue. Had to delete from three devices and reinstall from scratch.
you might have to completely reinstall your speakers and wifi
Never. After an app re-install you simply 'connect to an existing system'.
Updating an iPhone 7, from the phone, via the AppStore, Updates, worked flawlessly
Badge +1
Just had the same issue, going round in circles trying to update, I Hit update, App Store opens but no apparent update available. Sonos App just says “open”
I later discovered if you “refresh” App Store (press & drag the screen down) lo & behold The latest Sonos controller update appeared.
Badge
Same here, iPad Pro 12” iOS 11.2.5. Doesn’t update 8.2.2 to 8.3, can only “open” in the app store, not “update”.
Refresh App Store by pulling screen down.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Also stuck int the loop. Although now the link into the App Store has broken, so perhaps it is being fixed as I type this.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Nope, still borked. iOS 11.2.2, iPhone 6 and iPad Pro.

Tried dragging the App Store screen down to no effect. The app page says 8.3 is there, but just shows an Open button, which loops me back to the controller.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
This happens sometimes with the App Store. Just delete the app and re-download it from the App Store, you should be all set.
In the App store go to the "Updates" tab and drag it down to refresh your updates. The Sonos Controller update to 8.3 should then appear, no problem. Click it and it will install.