Answered

can't remove notification!!

• 21 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi all , I'm using the S2 app for my beam gen 2 and I get the notification in the notification drop down menu on my android phone but when the TV is off the notification defaults back to the last radio station I had on but also I can't use the " remove notification" button , it does nothing, if I remove the home screen widget iam then able to remove the drop down notification, thing is , I like the widget ! Definitely a bug with the app .

icon

Best answer by ratty 22 August 2022, 12:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Edgie70 

Thanks for your post!

As I understand it, the notification is like a service running for Sonos on the device - a service that the widget needs running in order to work. The behaviour you describe is expected.

I hope this helps.

Depending on the Android device the notification about the background Sonos service -- needed for widgets -- can be selectively suppressed.

The main playback control notification is easily turned off and on in Settings/App Preferences.