Answered

Can't login to app even though I know password is correct and have reset multiple times

As title.

Can login on the web version (hence i can write this question!), but can’t login to use my Andriod app.

I have reset the password multiple times, have uninstalled the app, have reset the app, have tried to set up a new account… None of these things worked.

Help please!

Many thanks 

icon

Best answer by John B 4 May 2020, 17:46

View original

46 replies

I am sure you must have checked this, but under Settings, Account, the email address is identical to that you use on the web?

There isn’t one as i can’t login to the app. But when I try to login I use the same email as the web version i’m currently logged in to…

So when you reinstalled the app, and selected ‘connect to existing system’, does it do so?  If not, what error message do you get?  Only certain Settings are ‘behind’ a login so what happens if you tap Settings?

What version of Android are you running?

I can connect to my existing system no probs, although one of our speaker needs an update so isn’t working… which is why i’m trying to login. But that aside, the system is fine.

The problem is very specific to my password. Settings works, although I can’t sign in of course.

When I try to sign in it says my password is wrong (even though I know it isn’t as i’ve been able to log in on the web version of Sonos). When I try to reset the password via the “forgot password” link on the app, I get an email in my email account, follow the link and rest with a viable password as directed. Having reset my password, successfully, I still can’t get in even though it says all has been reset successfully. I can now get onto the web version with the new password but not my app.

Quite frustrating!

Latest Android. Just updated today in fact

What is puzzling me is that you shuoldn’t have to log in in order to update the controller or system.  I don’t recall when I last had to log in to the app.  I think you are going to have to call Sonos Support or risk a lot more frustration and wasted time.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks for your help anyway

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Calling our support will get you all sorted out. One more thing I’d look into, is that if it’s asking you to log in, it might not show the full email, just some ***s, if so, it’s possible the email has a typo in it and there are 2 accounts that are very similar, but not the same one. If that’s the case, you could try changing email in the Sonos app, or try to reset your password using the App and see if you get the reset email to the correct address.

I have the same problem on my iPhone and would love to know how you fixed this ???

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Gbrewer3.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried all troubleshooting steps let me help you further.

Can you submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The number is 1789703710

I wonder if because I used a different email when I set it up if I don’t have to reset each speaker with in the system because they some how are linked to my old email and it’s some type of theft deterrent I don’t know just thinking out loud 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Gbrewer3.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community and providing the diagnostic report.

Make sure the email address login to your Sonos application is the one you're currently using.

Have you already tried to logout of the account that was log in to the sonos app.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Need help ! My husband has a Android phone with the Sonos app and I have a Apple phone with so sos app installed . We both had different Emails that controlled the app ,but as of tonight his app kept asking him to sign in under my email ! He couldn’t sign in under his own name !  Any advise ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Need help ! My husband has a Android phone with the Sonos app and I have a Apple phone with so sos app installed . We both had different Emails that controlled the app ,but as of tonight his app kept asking him to sign in under my email ! He couldn’t sign in under his own name !  Any advise ?

You seem to be confused between the Sonos account (there is one per Household, used for system configutration) and music service accounts (which you can have several of on one system).

Suggest starting a new thread and please be specific (eg with a screenshot) about what, why and when you are being prompted for a password.

Oh and under no circumstances reset anything.

I’m having a similar issue 

here’s my conformation code

Badge

When I tried first time, then there is no problem occurs but after 2nd or 3rd attempt, it causes errors again and again and I also informed support and still, my issue is pending to be resolved.

What did Sonos support say, after you called them?

I am having a similar issue. My iOS app will not accept my correct username and password. Meanwhile the website lets me log in using the same credentials.

This SONOS S2 IOS app is garbage.  No matter what I do, I cant log into the app, and the App says there a network problem.  There is no network problem, my phone is working the network fine, and I can log into the SONONS website with my account just fine.    All of this totally defeats the purpose of the Sonos devices.  If I have to spend 2 hours trying to reconnect them to the network and then I cant use the app because it’s junk, what the point of having the devices?  They are probably going into the trash.  Two SONOS One devices.  Paperweights..  

This SONOS S2 IOS app is garbage.  No matter what I do, I cant log into the app, and the App says there a network problem.  There is no network problem, my phone is working the network fine, and I can log into the SONONS website with my account just fine.    All of this totally defeats the purpose of the Sonos devices.  If I have to spend 2 hours trying to reconnect them to the network and then I cant use the app because it’s junk, what the point of having the devices?  They are probably going into the trash.  Two SONOS One devices.  Paperweights..  

First off, calm down.  Everybody here are users like you, volunteers who really don’t need to hear you moan.

Second, what do you mean by “can’t log into the app?”  Unless you are setting it up for the first time, the app requires no login.  Do you mean it won’t connect to your system?  If so, it may be that you are connected to the wrong band of your router.  Sonos is on the 2.4 GHz band.  Connect to that and see if that fixes it.

If not, let us know where the problem lies, but without all the drama.  It doesn’t get you help any faster, and most certainly will cause people to not bother helping at all. 

As title.

Can login on the web version (hence i can write this question!), but can’t login to use my Andriod app.

I have reset the password multiple times, have uninstalled the app, have reset the app, have tried to set up a new account… None of these things worked.

Help please!

Many thanks 

I find the “call customer service” for assistance false information. I called today and was told to use online support due to no live agents.  Used online support and was told no agents available - the computer prompts did not include my problem. 

First off, calm down.  Everybody here are users like you, volunteers who really don’t need to hear you moan.

Second, what do you mean by “can’t log into the app?”  Unless you are setting it up for the first time, the app requires no login.  Do you mean it won’t connect to your system?  If so, it may be that you are connected to the wrong band of your router.  Sonos is on the 2.4 GHz band.  Connect to that and see if that fixes it.

If not, let us know where the problem lies, but without all the drama.  It doesn’t get you help any faster, and most certainly will cause people to not bother helping at all. 

Telling people to calm down and stop moaning is not really helpful especially when they seem calm and are not moaning but rightly expressing frustrated with the product. Drama? Seems to only be in your head.

Stop the judgements. You are helping no one with them.

Telling people to calm down and stop moaning is not really helpful especially when they seem calm and are not moaning but rightly expressing frustrated with the product. Drama? Seems to only be in your head.

Stop the judgements. You are helping no one with them.

“app is garbage”, “because it’s junk”, “probably going into the trash”, “Paperweights” is moaning and drama.  So is replying to a post that is a month old and probably long ago solved just because you don’t like someone’s answer. 

Haters gonna hate.

Haters gonna hate.

By the way, welcome back!  It’s been a while.