Answered

Can't install the Sonos App on my Mac for Sierra

• 8 December 2016
  • 5 replies

I just upgraded to Sierra on my Mac and want to install the Sonos App. Nothing happens. It looks like in Sierra the third party install option is not available. There has to be another way to install it. Would like to stream music from my Mac. Currently it does work on my iPhone. Please help.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 1 February 2018, 06:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I just upgraded to Sierra on my Mac and want to install the Sonos App. Nothing happens. It looks like in Sierra the third party install option is not available. There has to be another way to install it. Would like to stream music from my Mac. Currently it does work on my iPhone. Please help.

Hi, welcome to the community.

Here's a direct link to the Sonos Mac OS desktop app. Let us know how it goes.
That did the trick. Thank you so much, so happy now. 🙂
I used the link here, but why is it not on the App store for Mac? Took me 30mins of persistent googling to get here ..
Not all apps for Mac happen to be on the Mac store. I suppose there's some extra effort required for Sonos to put it there (the company I used to work with had nothing but trouble getting apps through that process).
Hmm .. trouble with process could be a block, but this thread is a year old! Given that you need the app to run your Mac through the product - I would have hoped that missing the app would set an alarm bell ringing here there and ideally everywhere. It’s not like it’s bluetooth where you just connect and go!

Worth a dumb question through to Sonos support probably.