Question

Can't connect to my music folder

• 7 June 2014
  • 5 replies

My sonos will play Pandora and internet radio However it will not find my itunes library. I get an error message that says that my computer can't be found. My music is there and I can listen to it from my computer. I can see it when I browse for folders in Sonos, yet somehow it won't find it. I have been unable to play my music for a while now and have no idea what to do. Help. Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Daniel,

There may be an issue with connection- the firewall may be blocking access to Sonos. Sometimes we see that after the programs go through updates they revert back to default settings and block the Sonos software. Please also ensure the computer is on and not in a hibernation mode or sleep mode. 

Try to go through the following troubleshooting guide to get your system back up and running again. 

Please submit a diagnostic if you are still experiencing the issue and I'll be happy to take a look. Please reply back with your number here. 
Same issue. Can you advise? Your confirmation number is: 6327577.
Badge
Here is my conformation number 6327601- Rob
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Same issue. Can you advise? Your confirmation number is: 6327577.

Hi, I have reviewed your diagnostic and found a couple communication errors.
I can see you're using a Windows PC to control the Sonos. Is this the same computer that the music library is stored on? Also, is it wirelessly connected to the network or wired via an Ethernet cable?

If the computer isn't wired mind wiring it to the network for test and try again to share your music library. On a side note, if your computer has a firewall installed, it could be blocking the share. Here's an article explaining, how to configuring your firewall to work with Sonos

Here is my conformation number 6327601- Rob

Hello Rob, I also reviewed your diagnostic and found communication errors. I can see you're using a Mac OS to control the Sonos. Is your music library also stored on the Mac? If yes, can you wire the Mac to the network via an Ethernet cable and try to share again the music library. If your system is still experiencing audio drops or/and unable to connect to server error can you let us know little more about your network layout and if your Mac is running a firewall.

Let us know how it goes.
Hey guys, I'm having the same issue here, but the "Trouble Shooting Guide" is no longer available. Help?

My diagnostic number: 7774777