Can't connect to Desktop Controller on Sierra 10.12.6

Badge +1
Hi. I upgraded to Sierra 10.12.6 beta and I can no longer launch my desktop controller.
Everything works fine on my iPad Mini and iPhone 6, even on my MacBook Pro which is still on El Capitan.
The other thin that changed is that I installed a player connected to a Connect:Amp that powers my Surround speakers.
I cannot send any diagnostics from the app since I can't access the menu.
I have a bridge connected to my router, the PlayBar is wired to the Connect:Amp via Cat5 cable, my Play:3 is wireless, my Connect is wireless and my Play:5 is wired via a Cat5 to the router.
Can you tell me what to do ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Hi elmstreet58

When you say you can't launch the controller, is it that it won't open or is it that it can't find the system? If it can't find the system, if you select "this isn't working" -> "more options" you should see an option to submit a Diagnostic from the controller. Then if you could reply with that number and a Diagnostic from a working controller we can compare. If it is that the controller literally fails to launch, what happens if you trash the application and re download the Application and re install? Do let us know how you get on.
Badge +1
When I launch the app, it asks me to setup a new system or connect to an existing one. I try to connect ton an existing one,I follow the steps but when asking me to push the buttons on one of my products, nothing happens.
I wonder how many folks at Sonos are in Apple's 10.12.6 beta to do testing of this?
Badge +1
The problem is exactly the same on my MacBook Pro with 10.12.5 installed.
Hi Elmstreet

There isn't anything specific to either release of Sierra that would cause the issue. When you try and connect and it fails, let it time out and then select more options and then submit diagnostics (maybe accessible from the help menu too) and make a note of the number and then on a connected mobile controller submit a diagnostic and let us know both numbers and we can hopefully see what's going on. It'll most likely either be something on the computers blocking the connection or something to do with the network infrastructure. Many thanks
Badge +1
I can't select "more options". When I launch Sonos here is what I get. As I said, it works fine on all my other computers not on Sierra.
Badge +1
I sent a diagnostic via the iOS app. My confirmation number is 7467283.
From what I can see you have at least 4 airport devices broadcasting the same SSID on 2.4 Ghz, running in bridge mode, are your Mac's wirelessly connected to the network or wired? If they are wireless, what happens if you wire one to the network? Can it then see the system? Also do you have a switch in your network, i.e. what are the Sonos components wired into specifically?

Thanks
Badge +1
I have my airport bases configured in roaming mode to broadcast the same SSID. This setup is used for at least two years without problem. My Mac Pro is connected via ethernet to the switch, my MacBook Pro is wireless and my other MacBook Pro (on El Capitan that is working without any problem with Sonos) is connected wirelessly to my Airport25 network.
I have some switches on my network. My Sonos Bridge is wired to one of my switches.
Hi elmstreet58

We've created a support ticket : 170609-000862 if you could give us a call for free, then we can remotely connect to one of the Mac's if it's ok and troubleshoot the issue in real time with you and see what's blocking the connection.

You can find the freephone contact details here
Badge +1
OK I'll give you a call asap
Badge +1
I will try to extend my DHCP range since I think I have more than 50 devices trying to get an IP. Maybe there is a duplicate that causes the problem...