Can Sonos provide a "history" feature?

• 18 November 2014
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
I have found there is no "history" link or button in Sonos. Although Sonos is fantastic and next to miraculous in so many respects, not having a way to replay a track or retrieve a search is a real shortcoming. Once a number has been played one must re-do the search for the track or the album all over again. Has anyone found a way around this. I would like to petition Sonos to provide a "history" feature.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

I agree completely. When I'm exploring, trying new stations, etc, I want to be able to go back and find the ones I liked and make them favorites. Has Sonos responded to this query? If not a history, how about just the ability to go back to the previous channel.
A "track" is added to and played from the Queue. Tracks remain in the Queue until removed. Although not quite the same as a web browser's history, one can scroll back through the Queue. There is no similar feature for Internet Radio stations.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
The other alternative would be to integrate last.fm with your Sonos system. Then any song that plays - as long as it's from either an on-demand music service (Spotify, Google Play, Rhapsody, etc.) or a track-by-track radio service (Pandora, Slacker, Amazon Prime, etc.) it will "scrobble" the songs you hear to last.fm, so you can go back and look at everything you've listened to through your Sonos system.

Unfortunately, songs from TuneIn stations and other "live" streaming stations won't be recorded to last.fm.
This is such a basic need - show history of songs played. The least they can show is the songs played across playlists / searches. If it cannot be done for stations, that ok.
If you just want a record of played tracks why not sign up to Last.fm and add it to your system.
Userlevel 1
This is exactly what I came here to request. Search history.
Userlevel 1
Damn, the request has been made three years ago and still now feature. 😞
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Sonos does have limited storage (all internal, no external "add-on" option), and an automatic play history is probably low on their priority list of ways to use that precious space. However, the queue does provide a history of tracks played (until you wipe it), and you can just save a queue as a playlist for reference.

And if it's a search history you're looking for, there is a basic user search history in the "smart complete" search (at least for Spotify on desktop controller, results may vary for other services).