Can I insert songs into the queue

• 22 August 2005
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
I checked out the Sonos player today at best buy and have a question about inserting tracks.

If I have a bunch of songs in the queue and suddenly feel like hearing a certain song can I insert that track to be played next without losing the queue ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I checked out the Sonos player today at best buy and have a question about inserting tracks.

If I have a bunch of songs in the queue and suddenly feel like hearing a certain song can I insert that track to be played next without losing the queue ?

If you have 10 tracks in queue and add one more, it will be added as track 11.

However, if you are in "Shuffle" mode, if you add 5 songs to your queue of 10, one of those 5 songs will be played next. So if you only add 1 song to your queue of 10, it will be played next.

There is no way to insert a track into the middle of a queue however, without some re-arranging (from a queue of 10, remove tracks 5-10, add in your track, re-add the tracks you removed.)
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the info I hope they add that feature someday except for that the Sonos looks pretty good. The fact that it does it during a shuffle would probably be good enough most of the time but it would be nice to just be able to choose insert or append.

My empeg car player can insert and append and I cannot find a home player that will do this.
I have and love the Sonos!

For me this is the "One Big" feature missing.
If I have a bunch of songs in the queue and suddenly https://bit.ly/2qMSixq feel like hearing a certain song can I insert that track to be played next without losing the queue ?