Answered

Beam gen 2 + 2 ikea Bookshelves as 5.0 system - can me and my wife stream and control with our differents phones?

• 28 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Good evening (20,20 here in Italy), as topic title sais , i just ordered  Beam gen 2 and 2 ikea symphonics bookshelves as surround (think thusday i will get them) , as i understand i can control the system also with alexa echo dot wich i have . I will setup the system with my ipad  and probably from time to time when not watching tv I will stream music trought airplay 2 (amazon music  spotfy youtube). My question is  if  my wife when im not at home  can stream music  with her smarthphone  trought the sonos app in her phone or  she cant  (she can still use  the echo dot or the spotfy connect app i guess). Basicly can this system being controlled from Sonos app installed on more than one phone without need to configure the sonos speaker again ?(guess my whife should log in the sonos app with my same account)

Thx in advance for the answer and sorry for my really basic english skill (not using  google translator :P)

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 28 December 2021, 20:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Completely understandable, no need to apologize, your English is fine.

Basically, yes, your wife will be able to use the controller on her phone as well. Almost all of the data for your account is stored on the speakers, and not as part of the controller, so she’ll have equal access as you do if she adds the controller to her phone. 

Hi. It is possible to have up to 32 controllers with a Sonos  system and a single Sonos account.

Once the system is set up, it is just a case of downloading the app from the appropriate app store and selecting to connect to existing system. 

If you each have your own Spotify accounts etc they can be added to the system.

Oh thats very nice  🙂 thx to Airgetlam and Jhon B for your very fast and complete answers , i did just one mistake on my question  , since ikea bookshelves are set as a 5.0 system i think no need echo dot for alexa control since the Beam 2 will provide it :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Just remember you can only use the one Sonos account - yours, since you set up the system.

You are correct about the Beam and Alexa.

Going back to your first post,:there are often better ways than Airplay to play music to the Beam. For example, you can cast directly using the Spotify and Amazon Music apps. The Sonos app can be used to play most music streaming services.

Got it Guys thank you!