Answered

Backup Sonos Playlist

• 6 April 2021
  • 2 replies

I have seen many threads on backing up your Sonos playlist.  One guy indicated why would Sonos want to provide this feature.  For one it has been asked for a million times and I would think that Sonos buyers would want to have the capability.  Only thing I can think of is that there is some interest and financial benefit to Sonos to not provide that feature.  Seems simple enough.  I am building a playlist (2000+ songs) on one Sonos device at home.  I would very much like to export that playlist and import to another Sonos device at a vacation home. 

icon

Best answer by Kumar 7 April 2021, 03:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Sonos playlists are automatically duplicated and copied across all Sonos units in a set up; perhaps you can use this feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You can use my iOS app (see profile) to export your Sonos playlists. In your case I would recommend exporting to SoundIIZ format for maximum flexibility when using on another system.

Note that some systems/services may not be able to handle a 2000 item playlist, Sonos recommend a limit of 500 for best results.