Question

Away from home. Does the alarm go on forever?

• 31 December 2016
  • 2 replies

Not to confuse with the ongoing alarm related issue.
If I'm away from home and have an alarm set to play music from a playlist, does the music stop after some time or only when the entire playlist is played?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Yes, you should be able to set a duration of a certain amount of time for the alarm to be on (barring unusual circumstances like the alarm bug that has surfaced). For example, I have a weekday alarm that plays a Google Play Music radio station for 30 minutes. This is possible no matter the source, though if the source (i.e. a playlist) runs out before the alarm period does, then the music will stop early.

I don't know if an existing repeat option will persist for an alarm (i.e. to repeat a playlist until the alarm duration is reached), or if the alarm will disable the repeat function before it starts. I would expect the latter, though.
Good to know Mike! I thought I had set a timeout but being away, couldn't double check through the app.