Automation platform integration.

• 9 December 2017
  • 5 replies

Why is it that even though Sonos Claims to want to work with custom integration, they keep sending updates that break the API and render integration useless?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I think you'll need to provide more details about your custom integration setup to get any kind of answer. Are you using Lutron/Caseta, Insteon, Control4...?

No one else has had any complaints regarding this recently (other than the occasional comment about the Control4-Sonos integration that changed around a year ago IIRC)...
Using Elan platform. My boss just recently attended a training class hosted by Sonos and was assured that they are dedicated to working with custom installers including Elan. Yet this last update has caused major problems with control through Elan. A lot of our clients including myself use Sonos as a source and Pandora for music service. The last update broke direct access to Pandora. The only way to access is to set up favorites in Sonos app for Pandora. Is someone working to fix it?
I'd be asking the rep that your boss was dealing with. This forum is much more of a consumer support board, not an custom install support board. There's the occasional person who has knowledge specific to a problem, but as near as I have been able to gather, Sonos doesn't do support for custom installers here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Well, I know that Pandora features were certainly a big part of the last update... especially the ability to play direct to Sonos from the Pandora app, not unlike what is availability through the Spotify app.

And coincidentally, looking through an Elan integration note for Sonos, it also notes that Spotify is no longer available for direct control through their system as of the 7.2 update, also requiring setting Sonos Favorites to access Spotify content. I wonder if something about Sonos adding the "direct play" support is breaking things for Elan.

I'm sure a Sonos support person will see this tomorrow... hopefully they'll pass the info on to their developers.
I am having big issues with Elan and Sonos as well. EVERY update breaks the link. I am using the intrinsic pro driver because it employs the only acceptable elan/sonos control including on/off and volume. I have to shut the sonos auto update off to avoid breaking the links. According to Elan, Sonos is the log jamb here. I have been using Sonos for quite some time now, I love their their products, and I am a stockholder. I recently graduated from the stand alone sonos products to an Elan integration application. I am VERY disappointed that Sonos has not accommodated integration properly. Sonos is missing the boat in this market and they have to be cautious here because there are other products out there that "play nice" with integration. SONOS, PLEASE ADDRESS THIS ISSUE !!!!!