automate toggling of TV Autoplay

• 19 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 34 replies

As anyone used one of the many automation apps on Android to toggle the TV Autoplay setting?
I have a Playbase set up in a 5.1 setting.  Since the Playbase only has an optical in I connect my components to my TV and then run the audio to the Playbase.  Since my TV controls my input device I leave my Sonos set to “TV Autoplay”.  That way if I’ve been listening to music through the Sonos App it automatically shuts off and switched back to the TV input whenever I turn on the TV.  Works great!

But, sometimes when I’m gaming I prefer to continue to listen to music through the Sonos app and that means I have to tap SYSTEM, then MY ROOM, then scroll down, then turn off TV AUTOPLAY.  And I have to repeat this when I’m finished gaming so as to avoid the rath of my wife when she tries to watch TV and doesn’t get any audio.

I’d like to use Tasker, or Automate, or IFTTT, or some other tool to set up a one tap item on my phone to complete all of the steps to toggle this setting thereby hopefully making it harder for me to forget to toggle it back to TV Auto when I’m done gaming.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

I don’t know of an Android app, but you should consider using an iOS device and use the Soro app that works with Apple’s Shortcuts to create automations and shortcuts with Sonos. It will allow you to quickly set the TV Autoplay setting with one tap or with Siri. I use it specifically to quickly change my EQ settings since Sonos doesn’t currently allow saving multiple EQ presets in the app.

https://apps.apple.com/gm/app/soro-for-sonos/id1550457805

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I don’t know of an Android app, but you should consider using an iOS device and use the Soro app that works with Apple’s Shortcuts to create automations and shortcuts with Sonos. It will allow you to quickly set the TV Autoplay setting with one tap or with Siri. I use it specifically to quickly change my EQ settings since Sonos doesn’t currently allow saving multiple EQ presets in the app.

https://apps.apple.com/gm/app/soro-for-sonos/id1550457805

Thanks but I’m not throwing away a $1,000 phone.  ;)

Userlevel 7

You don’t have to. Find a friend or relative with an old iPhone they are no longer using, update the iOS, download the Sonos app, and use it like an iPod Touch. I use my old iPhone 5S with a cracked screen as a music player with my AirPods when working outside.