Answered

Audio on Playbar not syncing with TV since S2 update

• 29 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

I updated to S2 last week since then my play at no longer syncs with my Sony TV. The setup has worked perfectly since I bought it last August, now I’m rather disappointed that the “upgrade” has resulted in a poorer performance. Also the sound is not stable - the syncing can change during play and also some background sound seems to have an intermittent but regular break in it. I have tried to correct the issue by amending the latency controls but this only makes the problem worse. What have you done Sonos?

icon

Best answer by Simon B 4 July 2020, 00:44

Hi @Lynton.j, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern about the Sync issue with the Playbar to the TV. I’ll suggest that you can try to power cycle the TV from the power source. Also, check on this link for Audio and video out of sync issue.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Lynton.j, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern about the Sync issue with the Playbar to the TV. I’ll suggest that you can try to power cycle the TV from the power source. Also, check on this link for Audio and video out of sync issue.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Thanks. This seems to have solved the problem. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Lynton.j, thanks for the update. I’m glad it worked for the recommendation I gave to you. 

If there's any other issue you're having, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.