Question

Audible UK

• 15 April 2014
  • 10 replies

Hi, I've seen that you support Audible.com, will you be supporting Audible UK?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Nick,

Audible is available world wide on Sonos. You can add your Account in the Sonos software under Manage > Service Settings and any format 4 Audible books in your Music Library will show up as available in the Podcast Genre.

You can find more information about Sonos and Audible here.
Hi, This is not strictly true because when I try to add Audible as a service it specifically requires an Audible.com user account, which I don't have as these are for USA users alone. I possess a Audible.co.uk account. I have tried to login using my UK account and login fails. Hence my original question still stands. Thanks for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Nick,

Audible.co.uk accounts should work just fine. Can you please make sure you're using the correct credentials? I'd also suggest logging into Audible and changing your password, then trying the new password on Sonos. 

If you're still having trouble, can you please submit a diagnostic from your system and reply back with your confirmation number?

Thanks
Hi Aubible UK does not work. It might be that it should but it does not. The Sonos software looks at audible.com and not audible.co.uk The account systems at audible USA and UK are different. They do not share log information the two websites do not contain accounts of each other.

Please I need to use Audible UK on my Sonos
Hi, I have the same issue. Audible.com accounts work but not Audible.co.uk accounts.

Has anyone found a solution as this is very annoying.

Thanks,
Dee
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Aubible UK does not work. It might be that it should but it does not. The Sonos software looks at audible.com and not audible.co.uk The account systems at audible USA and UK are different. They do not share log information the two websites do not contain accounts of each other.

Please I need to use Audible UK on my Sonos

Hi, I have the same issue. Audible.com accounts work but not Audible.co.uk accounts.

Has anyone found a solution as this is very annoying.

Thanks,
Dee

The option to add an Audible account to Sonos was removed on the 8th of September. The account will continue to function if you've not tried to remove it. If you've tried to remove it from your system you won't be able to add it again. I would also advise you to read our announcement posts in the following thread: https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/important-information-for-audible-listeners-6731128.
Call Audible - they can lead you through the process of getting linked up to the UK Audible. It work fine.
I did this morning and Audible told me it won't work at the moment. Confused!
Has this been resolved yet? When I add Audible to my system it takes me to Amazon.com, so signs me into that account and therefore audible.com. I’d like to sign in to amazon.co.uk and therefore audible.co.uk
Ignore me - removing my account and reading it gives me the option to choose which country I want to browse; it wasn’t doing that before.