Answered

Are sonos playlists stored where you can access them and manually edit them?

• 14 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Along with throngs of others in the community, I would love to see Sonos invest in a little software update to enable more robust playlist management (for example, sorting to find duplicate songs in large playlists). However, it seems this feature request is being ignored and is never going to be implemented. So, now I'm wondering where I can find my sonos playlists on the file system and if I can manually edit them to clean up duplicates. Is this possible?
icon

Best answer by Kumar 14 February 2018, 02:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You would have to hack the units; playlists are stored in the hard memory of every unit, and synchronised across with the latest unit updated doing this. I doubt this is easily done.
SMOP - Small Matter Of Programming
SMOP - Small Matter Of Programming

Yes, a concept that is demonstrated almost every day in here. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
They are stored, along with everything else, in your players. There are several utilities that allow extraction and editing of playlists, but most require a certain level of expertise to build/run them, they are not exactly plug-and-play. The APIs themselves are pretty straight-forward.