Answered

Apple TV 4K and Sonos.

• 22 October 2020
  • 2 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

All,

I bought an apple TV 4K. Previously had a 3rd gen apple tv, and was aboe to stream music/tv to the playbar etc. With apple TV 4K, I can only airplay, and that is not to the playbar, but a Sonos One I have in another part of the house. Anyone know how I can point apple TV4K audio to the TV which has playbar, two play 1’s, a play 3 and a sub hooked up to it?

icon

Best answer by GT74 22 October 2020, 01:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Fixed my issue.

Went into TV settings (Have a Samsung series 8 UHD TV. changed audio output under expert settings to DTS 2.1 from PCM. Nothing happened. Changed back to PCM and instantly sound was heard. No idea why this worked, just glad it did. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @GT74.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and sharing the solution on what fixed the issue. 

Thanks for sharing the solution on what fixed your issue so other members of the community who might have the same set up as yours with the same issue may find your solution handy. I’m glad that everything is now working again and I do hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help out.

Thanks,