Answered

Apple Music "Add to a playlist"

• 11 February 2016
  • 23 replies

Userlevel 2
Is it possible to add songs to Apple Music playlists from the Sonos controller?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 11 February 2016, 20:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

23 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Ben, currently you can't edit Apple Music playlists on Sonos. We're continuing to work with Apple to provide the best possible Apple Music experience on Sonos, and I know there is interest in seeing this feature. We'll pass your interest on to the team for you, but we don't tend to comment about what's coming for the future. Stay tuned to the community for updates on changes to your favorite services and any news.
Userlevel 2
Hi Ryan, ok thanks for the reply. That's really the only feature lacking at this point. I look forward to its implementation in the future. The Apple Music integration is otherwise great.
Userlevel 1
+1
Right now the biggest problem my wife and I are having is managing playlists. Having to update playlists in the Apple Music app and then not being able to edit them in Sonos is a big shortcoming.
I support this requirement completely. Last week-end I had the same confrontation with my wife.
Editing Apple playlists from within Sonos should be key.
Userlevel 2
Badge
This is definitely necessary. It's not straight forward to have to use iTunes or Apple Music on your phone, tablet or computer in order to manage playlists and then have them show up in Sonos. Plus, if I want to listen to a For You playlist, and add one of those songs to my library...right now I can't do so!
Userlevel 2
Same here. If I can't manage the playlists from within Sonos it's not very convenient. I want to click 'add this song to my Apple Music playlist' whenever I hear a cool song on Sonos.
Now with ios 9.3 Apple have open for it to happend:
http://9to5mac.com/2016/02/22/iso-9-3-apps-access-apple-music/
Userlevel 2
Hopefully, Sonos will update the App to utilize this capability. My Sonos usage has declined due to inability to add "Liked" songs to my Apple Music playlists. I love AppleMusic in my car with Bluetooth. Makes me wish I could just AirPlay to my Sonos Play1 from the AppleMusic app. I know there are workarounds to do this and that multi room isn't possible. I only ever play music to one room.
Adding tracks to my Apple Music playlist is very important to me. Please consider adding this feature soon.
Yes we need this feature! Hopefully with the Apple/Sonos partnership (Apple stores now sell Sonos) this feature will come soon. Apple Music has the best playlists imho, and may of us are in the Apple "ecosystem" -!; want to stay there. They also have a great catalog. But integration with Sonos needs to be better. I'm sticking with Deezer for now. It has the best integration with Sonos, is lossless over Sonos (not that I can tell a difference va Apple Music), and flow is nice. It's enough to keep me for now.
Wow. As a brand new user I was really surprised and disappointed to see this feature missing. Please add it soon. It's a MAJOR limitation
Any update on this? It's really killing the Sonos user experience.
Agree with all the comments/concerns... as asked above, any updates or progress on this?
A major limitation. It will make the homepod thing that much more attractive to Apple Music users.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
No,it won't
what is the approx. timeline to get this function implemented?
Sonos doesn't give timelines, much less confirm what they're working on for the next release.
We are making a decision about converting our entire home to Sonos & this is the 1 drawback that is keeping us from going Sonos. Wish we knew if this were going to be changed.
What's going on with this, Sonos? The user experience here is not okay. I'm either going to drop Sonos or I'm going to drop Apple Music and it's probably going to be the former.
The ability to add songs to Apple playlist would be really-really appreciated. I have just discovered that Spotify has this option. There must be a way for Apple to allow the same. Or would it be easier if I moved all my playlists to Spotify?
Each music service's UI within the Sonos app is designed and implemented by the service themselves using the Sonos provided API. So although requesting this type of function via Sonos is helpful, it is far more effective to make the request to the service themselves. Better yet, lobby both places.

Also, with the newer Airplay 2 enabled speakers (Play:5 G2, Beam, Playbase, One) you can Airplay from the Apple Music app, and bypass the Sonos app altogether. No help for those who do not own an Airplay capable Sonos, but for those that do, it is an option.
Good to know. Any idea where we can give Apple a feedback about their Sonos UI?
Sonos app still have some advantages which is why we still use a lot. Even though all my sonos speakers are Airplay enabled. For example the music doesn’t stop when I step outside and my WiFi connection is lost for a minute. I can also watch a short news video without the sound going to the speaker automatically while the music still keeps playing in the background.
Not an Apple person, but I imagine the Apple Music Support forum here:

https://discussions.apple.com/community/music

They seem to have a few topics on Sonos specifically.