Question

Apple music

• 22 March 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge
I'd like the Apple Music app to work like the Spotify app, contoling the rooms an music level from the Apple Music?... Any idea if that's in the pipeline... 😉

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Hi Mark 75uk

Welcome to the Community!

Yes that would be great, hopefully it will happen at some point in the future.

Thanks for the feedback
Badge
? nice1 ?
Badge +1
I would love to see this feature as well, especially since controlling Apple Music from the Sonos app is quite slow and not at all as responsive as Spotify is for an example. Maybe this is going to improve with new software updates, but at the moment I think is the one major drawback with the system. Controlling the speakers from within the Spotify app is really great -- please enable us Apple Music users to do the same with iTunes. Thanks!
Both Sonos and Apple must get together to achieve this, with the onus being on the service provider. It's just as important to lobby Apple for this feature in addition to Sonos.
Badge +1
Fair enough, heading over to Apple's feedback forum as well.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Same here, I've been patient enough I reckon but I decided to bite the bullet for Spotify and to cancel my apple Music subscription. I still prefer the Apple Music App over Spotify but the dreaded Sonos Desktop App -aka tacky 90s vintage style - had the better of me.
In fairness even if mobile apps are the rule these days, it puzzzles me that a company like Sonos never made any effort to update their desktop app....
#firstworldproblem ?

In fairness even if mobile apps are the rule these days, it puzzzles me that a company like Sonos never made any effort to update their desktop app....
#firstworldproblem ?

More to the point is: why fix something that isn't broken? As has been seen in the smartphone UI, fixing something and that largely for cosmetic refresh reasons, has usually broken something else in the UI. Fixing of which keeps more things needing a fix.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I have nothing to say about the efficiency of the desktop app, but the look and feel of it. To me its just a reminiscent of Winamp or other Media player from the 90s.
For that reason and because I enjoy elegant UI, I decided to switch to Spotify which is actually ironic as once again I actually prefer Apple Music over Spotify. But I like my Sonos speakers (and its stability) too much to avoid syncing them speakers to an Airport Network just to enjoy Apple Music.