App Update Available - but cant update!

• 23 January 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Everytime I start my desktop PC (Win 10) Sonos app I get the message " Please update to the latest Sonos Controller app". I click update and it fails saying "Desktop controller has failed, please close program". The app on my Android device is up to date and works fine. Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
anyone???
Badge
Having the same problem (win10), the apps on my iphone & ipad are fine.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

Please uninstall the Sonos app from your computers then head over to our support page and download the latest version of the Sonos app. Let me know if you still get an update message after reinstalling the app.
Userlevel 1
Sorry, I should have said its the beta program that I cannot get to work on my PC. I have uninstalled Sonos a couple of times and downloaded fresh beta installs but both times it has failed.:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sorry, I should have said its the beta program that I cannot get to work on my PC. I have uninstalled Sonos a couple of times and downloaded fresh beta installs but both times it has failed.:@

Are you getting a specific error when you try to install the beta app?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Do you have multiple accounts on your Windows 10. I found Sonos had been installed in my wifes account area. although usable by all. I can't think how that happened but it caused a load of hassle till I realised. Uninstall from her account and then re-installed from my account and all the issues went away.