App stuck in "needs update/no update needed" loop

• 19 November 2017
  • 4 replies

My app (and Windows controller) is stuck in an endless "Check for update/No update needed" loop. I'm not enrolled in Beta. I've tried restarting my iPhone. I've tried deleting the app and uninstalling it. I've tried controlling through my PC (same issue). Help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I experienced this too. Drove me crazy. For me, it turned out I had my font too big on my phone (because my vision is not great). When I scaled the font down smaller I could see a "submit" or "accept" button (or some such) which was "out of frame"* when the font was big. I changed the font and it worked perfectly. There was a way out of the loop and I just couldn't see it.

Could that be the issue you are experiencing?

*I'm not a tech guy... this seems like a not too unusual thing. Is there a phrase you tech people use to describe this? Out of frame?
I have experienced this intermittently as well. Terribly annoying when it happens.
If you go to the app store (iPhone) and go to updates and swipe down to refresh or quit the app and start it up again it usually resolves this.
I just got the "update loop" issue when I was trying to add a new speaker. I am already on the latest version (10.0.3). I fixed it by going into More, Settings, System Updates and turning on "Automatic Updates". All works fine now and the new speaker has been added successfully.