Question

App for Windows Phone

• 11 February 2017
  • 11 replies

We really need a Sonos original app for Windows Phone. Please include this in the roadmap!

Should both IOS, Android and WP be supported?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Sonos has already given their roadmap, and Windows phone/mobile/UWP/etc. is not on it. Instead, they are concentrating on voice control. This was explicitly stated last year.
We really need a Sonos original app for Windows Phone.
The last Gartner market share figure for Windows Phone/Mobile (3Q16) was, to the nearest percentage point, zero.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
As an ardent Windows Phone fan even I can see the platform is dying. Beside there are at least two good 3rd party app offerings that I used to use. I got fed up with a lack of apps from anyone and moved off the platform 😞

The last Gartner market share figure for Windows Phone/Mobile (3Q16) was, to the nearest percentage point, zero.

B-b-but it's not about Windows Phone, it's about the umpty-five million users of Universal Windows Platform! - Said no one ever who doesn't own a Windows Phone. 😃
I don't use Windows Phone, but have multiple Windows machines throughout the house and XBox. Hate iPhones and will never use them. Just want support for Windows which runs on most PCs in the world.
Just want support for Windows which runs on most PCs in the world.
It does. And always has done.
A UWP app can run on Windows desktop, XBOX and Windows Phone. Why can't Sonos develop an app that will run on all three platforms instead of updating its old Windows 32 bit app.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Because they have decided there are higher priorities at present, voice for one. Beside there are alternative 3rd party apps for Windows Phone users so that just leaves the xbox without an option, I doubt that justifies the dev of an app, which is a shame as I agree the Windows app could do with a bit of a spruce up, especially to make it more touch friendly. However as an iphone and android tabled user i find the Win32 app to be my favorite interface. There is a mega long Windows Phone/UWP thread too that this could all be added to.
There's a nice, reliable third-party controller for Windows 10 Mobile called Chirp.
Badge
You should try Zonos. It's UWP, and it supports Xbox One, PC, Mobile, Holographic and hub. Voice control with Cortana is also supported. You won't be disappointed. Only when you add (new) devices to your system the Sonos Desktop software is required (or an IOS or Android App).
Badge
I use Phonos on my Windows phone ... as a support to the Sonos Desktop software where the serious stuff gets done. Hope this helps.