App feedback 8.2

• 14 November 2017
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Are you aiming to create the world's most unfriendly UI? This update is shockingly bad. I can't begin to describe why because it is just rotten through and through, so where to begin? I know that's not very constructive and I'm sorry about that but, just listen to your customers. Just go back to 7 point something and we'll all be a lot happier.

While you're at it could you stop pumping out so many updates. Once a month. Max.

John

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
I was hoping the 8.2 update would address the awful user interface, but nope, it's just as bad if not worse. At this point the app is absolutely worthless unless you just want to get frustrated.

Indeed. Just upped to 8.2.2 (one can only hope) and the now playing looks even worse now - someone at Sonos most really hate that screen - while not a single issue has been addressed.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
I just migrated to SonoPad and Sonophone, very happy great interface
Some people really need to learn about software development cycles. :8

You're right, in that most people don't know about software development cycles. But should they have to?? Most people don't understand avionics either -- they just expect them to work.

Andrew

That's a terrific response, thanks. I use a Raspberry Pi to automate my house with Z-Wave. It doesn't make me one bit happier that my Sonos app is a piece of crap.
I don't know how a restaurant works, but if they bring me cold food or the wrong order, I tell them about it, and they fix it. They don't suggest I learn about the restaurant business. Sonos isn't responding to complaints.
I don't know how a restaurant works, but if they bring me cold food or the wrong order, I tell them about it, and they fix it. They don't suggest I learn about the restaurant business. Sonos isn't responding to complaints.

They dont bring your fixed food before it is cooked, do they? Same concept applies.
Speaking as an iOS app developer - there're some VERY fundamental issues with the iOS app.

I'll just say there's some great engineering going on in terms of services but very little effort on the UI/UX side.