Answered

app doesnt have add speaker function

• 23 October 2018
  • 8 replies

I have just purchased a new play 1 to add to my others. When ive gone to add it to the system through the app it has lost the function to add another speaker.
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 23 October 2018, 19:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Which app are you using? The ability to add a new speakers is no only supported on android and iOS apps, not on windows or a mac.
im using the app on my itouch. It was there untill i did an update now its gone.
Which iOS version is running on the iPod Touch?
What Smilja said. If you're running an older version, some features may not be supported. The document below talks about system requirements.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/126?language=en_US
They recently updated what can set up speakers and for some reason made it pretty much phones only(location data snatch). No clue why they would take it away from computers being able to. They really need to let installers set them up without accounts.
An iPod Touch is a mobile device, not a "computer", so assuming it's running a valid version of iOS and Sonos version 9.2, it would have the ability to access that feature.

While I'm also unhappy that they removed the feature from the desktop controller, it doesn't have anything to do with the OP's question.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Sounds like the iPad is running too old an OS to update to the latest Sonos version, though until the OP tells us the OS version that can only be a guess.
im using the app on my itouch. It was there untill i did an update now its gone.My guess is you have a 5th gen iPod Touch, which can only run up to iOS 9.3.5. For a fully featured controller, from Sonos v9.2, iOS 10 or higher is needed.