Question

Anyone notice the speaker URLs no longer function?

I've noticed over time (within the last say 8 months) the URLs for the speakers don't seem to work. Specifically I'm referring to http://(ipaddress):1400/support/review/.

I'm not sure exactly when but a few updates ago this URL used to work and on that page there was a 'Network Matrix' link. At some point through the months I noticed that the network matrix link stopped expanding and no longer showed the matrix and now (more updates later) the support/review/ URL is totally gone resulting in a 404 error.

Anyone else having the same behavior? If so, I find it a bummer. I thought the network matrix was a good piece of info for troubleshooting signals.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Some of these were removed on security grounds. The one you refer to, with the network matrix, is still there (I just tested).
@John B
Are you running the latest version 10.2?

Hmm odd. I wonder why my system doesn't have it. Maybe the functionality is driven by setup type? I have 19 speakers (various types) and 2 boosts. Perhaps I'm having some type of communication problem that isn't enabling the page for some reason.
You didn't use the address of a Boost? That wouldn't work. Yes, latest software.
/support/review is still there, but the target has the job of collecting all the data from the rest of the system. If there are communications issues the request can simply time out.

I would suggest targeting a well-placed, i.e. central, node (but not a Boost if you're interested in the Network Matrix). Also, the later models have more powerful processors and larger memory, and therefore are able to collate and return the information with less effort.

If you know what you're looking for then x.x.x.x:1400/status is a much faster way of recovering information from a specific node.
I've tried all the speakers. The URL doesn't work on any of them which was why I was leaning towards the update removing the functionality. I'll poke around and try a factory reset on one of the speakers, use an isolated network and see what comes up.
Have you tried /status as well?
Yea.

/status works (and pages underneath as well)
/tools.htm works
/tools.htm works
/xml/device_description.xml works

No problem with any of those.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'm on the latest update and it is working on my speakers.
Any chance you happen to be in a beta program?
Nah not in the beta program.

I asked my neighbor to check his system which I helped him set up. He only has 4 speakers. The URL doesn't work on his system either.

This is odd indeed. At first I thought it might be something with my setup being a large and a complex network but having my neighbors doing the same thing, with a relative small simple setup, I'm struggling to understand what the problem would be.

I still haven't tested in a factory reset device yet. It's going to take me a bit to be able to do that test.
I can assure you with complete certainty that on v10.2 (build 50165071) the :1400/support/review link works perfectly.
Oh my... So this was completely an error on my part. I hadn't noticed but my shortcut to get to the link has a trailing slash '/'

:1400/support/review/ - doesn't work
:1400/support/review - does work

Sheez, sorry everyone for that incredibly dumb typo...
Ah. Easily done.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Beware of browsers that add that trailing slash to bookmarks and copy-pastes!