Question

anyone else frustrated woth sonos 2 app not working?

• 26 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Ever since updated to Sonos 2 app after Sonos 1 app told me not compatible with my system of 2 Play 1’s and a Beam.  App has issues responding when connected, then trying to connect to Sonos or other services.  It’s just a wonky piece of junk.  Can’t connect to my music on my computers.  Just been terrible. I had no issue utilizing music from computers before.  Connects maybe 30% of the time to pandora or other services.  Delayed response when it is connected.  Anyone else feeling my pain?  I can’t even get support from Sonos.  Just Bots and no returned emails or people answering phones. They claim Twitter is fastest way to get an answer but they don’t support their twitter customer service anymore.  I’m reaching out for help from community as I’m ready to ditch Sonos for good.  HELP? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

I had problems first off but after removing all Sonos Apps and reinstalling the S2 app. Can you retest and let us know how you get on.

I have tried that. Most recently this morning prior to my post.  

very frustrating.  All documentation, everything Sonos seems to have fallen of a cliff since the new app release.  I’d say 75% of the time I open The app it doesn’t even have me logged in.  

I am really looking for the basics. Is it just me or does anyone else consistently get Wi-Fi isn’t connected errors amongst the other issues noted above?  

Above all others, I get the Unable to connect to Sonos product the most rendering playing music impossible.  Usually appears 10 seconds after a song starts to play.  I’d be better off with a hand held am radio.  

I don’t drink but I’m about to because Sonos is driving me to.  Unhappy Sonos customer.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Personally, I'd be surprised if the issues that you're describing are associated to the S2 App. It sounds more like a wi-fi interference issue. Can you please power down the following devices for 10 secs, letting each one complete its boot cycle before moving on to the next one:

- Router

- Any wired switches

- Any wired devices

- All other wireless connected devices

Powered down my modem and router and all 23 wireless connected devices. Still getting all the same errors I mentioned prior. As i scan the community pages here on Sonos it definitely seems to be the S2 app. I can appreciate the WiFi interference suggestion but I use Eero and have dedicated static IP addresses for my sonos devices. I’m optimistic someone from Sonos will actually respond and request my diagnostic information. STILL WAITING SONOS….

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are you using the mesh features of Eero? If so that may explain your troubles. Look for other posts about how to correctly configured an Eero system with Sonos.