Any alternatives to the desktop app?

• 25 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

There’s so many features that the desktop client, Windows and OSX, is lacking that I’m looking for a better application to use.

Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The mobile device app is fully functional. Has all the features that are missing from the desktop app. It’s available for both Android and iOS operating systems. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Difficult to run a mobile app on a desktop.  But that aside, there’s features it doesn’t have for example how about sorting music based on when it was added to the library, or the duration, or play count?

Ah, didn’t understand you were looking for another desktop app. I tend to just use voice commands via my Echo Dot, or the iOS controller, very rarely do I bother with the desktop app. There’s a developer who frequents these forums, but I think his apps are all mobile based. Sorry not to have any help for you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I have a desktop app, in fact there are several listed in the Windows Store. Mine is free to try.

if you are after Sorting specifically then you will be SOL no matter what app, as sorting is not technically feasible on any controller for reasons often described.