Answered

Android volume control missing from notification area after update

• 19 May 2017
  • 3 replies

After the latest Android update on my Galaxy S7 (Nougat), the ability to access volume directly from the notification area is no longer available. I've attached screenshots showing what the notification area looked like before and after the update. Note that in the old screenshot, the volume icon is in the notification area. From there it's a quick click to adjust the volume.

After the update, the volume icon is no longer there.

You have to click to load up the full app, which takes a couple seconds, and then access the volume. It may not seem like a big deal but when one song is much louder than the last one, the sooner you can adjust the volume, the better.

I do have the "Allow Volume Control on Home Screen" option checked but that isn't directly relevant and doesn't help.

Is there any way to get the volume icon back in the notification area?

Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by Kate S 19 May 2017, 19:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +1
Hi Fnord12,

Welcome to the community and thank you for the screenshots. If you pull down on the notification bar for Sonos you should see another row of icons with the volume on the far left, much like the prior version.

If that doesn't help, let us know here.
Thanks Kate! I guess that should have been obvious but I would have never found it on my own. 😃
The reply mentioned "notification bar," but I don't see it on my Android.
I can change volume on my PC but can't from my phone.