Answered

Android users not supported

• 24 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Why must i be forced to use an APPLE iphone to set up room surround sound or dolby atmos.

Does Apple own sonos??

It would have been nice to see a warning on the Costco site. Also if you have an android phone you will need at least Android version 8 or better. You don’t find this info until you start trouble shooting on the Sonos site. Very unhappy with the hype about how good this system is

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 24 August 2021, 03:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

An iOS device is only required for Trueplay tuning.

You can use Android (8.0 and higher) and Fire OS (7 and higher) to set up the Sonos Arc.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4875?language=en_US

How sad is this advice from Sonos,

Borrow an iOS device for an hour or so and Trueplay your system. All settings will still apply, and are able to be switched on and off, when controlled via Android.

What? So when I move the speaker to another room or lose power I have to borrow an  iOS device, aka Iphone. Why not make a remote for ALL users?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Why not make a remote for ALL users?

This has been raised and answered several times in other threads. 

What? So when I move the speaker to another room or lose power I have to borrow an  iOS device, aka Iphone. Why not make a remote for ALL users?

Trueplay settings are not lost when you lose power.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Don’t need a phone, there are a bunch of Apple devices that will work. See the FAQ list.

I picked up something cheap off ebay since I don’t have an easy to borrow device available.