Question

Android Tablet "This Mobile Device" Won't Play Music

• 30 November 2013
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
I have a new android tablet. I copied all my iTunes music to the tablet's music folder. My android controller under "This Mobile Device" shows all the tracks but when I tap a track to play nothing happens.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hello Mike,

Do you know what the file format is for all of these tracks? Wireless playback from an Android device supports AAC, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, Ogg and WAV audio formats (and WMA audio formats on limited Android devices). You may want to check to see if any of the tracks are M4P, which would indicated a track protected by DRM.

When you tap to select a track, does it bring up a menu that shows "Play Now," "Add to Queue," etc?

Thanks.
Userlevel 2
The music files are all in m4a format.  When I tap on a track I get the menu asking what to do and I tap "Play Now" and nothing happens.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Is there any change is you select "Add to Queue" instead of "Play Now?" There should be a message displayed that the track was added to your queue. You can double-check to make sure it's there (or not there) by opening the queue from the Now Playing screen.

If the tracks still aren't adding, I'd like to take a look at a diagnostic report from your system right after you experience the problem. Please let me know what your confirmation number is once you've sent it through.

Thanks.