Answered

Android controller problems

• 4 November 2017
  • 11 replies

I hope someone can help because this is driving me nuts.

The controller app my android device refuses to connect to sonos. The controller app is on 2 other android devices and 3 PCs, and they all work flawlessly. I have scoured the forum and tried everything I can think of. I have reset the controller, restarted the device, restarted the router, turned all wifi devices off restarted the router and then turned each device back on one at a time, I have given the device and the sonos fixed IP addresses, reinstalled the controller, all to no avail. It has worked intermittently previously, but now refuses to do so at all.

If I reset the controller and try to reconnect it to the sonos by following the instructions to press a button on one of the speakers, it finds it instantly, but as soon as I click "done" to go back to the app, it wont connect.

What else can I try?

If it is relevant, the device is a Samsung s5. The sonos is on wifi rather than sonosnet, but the signal is good. There is a wifi power line extender, but it makes no difference to the problem if this is on or off, or whether the device is connected through that or directly to the router. Sonos Play 1 and Play 5 are on the system so far.

I'm really hoping someone can help as this is making me lose the love for what is otherwise a great system.

Thank you in advance!
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 12 March 2019, 19:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Has anybody figured this out yet?
Just bought oneplus5T and can't connect it to Sonos...tried everything I've been advised...no joy!
My old galaxy s6 worked just fine...so irritating!
Heeelp!

Hi there,

Please make sure your OnePlus is connected to the main wireless network coming from the same router your Sonos system connects to. Also, if you're connecting through a 5 ghz signal, try the 2.4 ghz instead. If any other controllers connect, please send a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number.
I've submitted a diagnostic 8043052.
So I changed the static IP for the android device for the second or third time and hey presto, it works! Now just holding my breath to see if it actually stays connected this time!
Well it worked for 5 minutes. Back to square one again.
I have the exact same problem! Works sometimes on my android OnePlus 3T - mostly it is not working!! Works perfect on my iPad and girlfriends iPhone 7...don't get it!! 😠
Same problem!
Hello, has anyone figured the problem yet? I have the exact same problem.

I have also a Chromecast and it seems to have the same problem as the Sonos

Other Android system such as Nexus 5 and Motorola can connect to both Sonos and Chromecast. However my OnePlus5 always has problems.

I can always connect once every few days and play one song but then I can only see the Chromecast (Sonos system does not appear and I cannot connect using the app). Sometimes I won't be able to play on the Chromecast either.

This is driving me nuts. I feel like my friends Hi come once every month at my place make a better use of my Sonos system then me. How crazy is that?
Have just seen this, but replied to one of the other threads. I have OnePlus 5T and am going around in circles with the Help Desk folk. It is not a cheap phone and works very well on so many other Apps. Come on Sonos help us out!
Has anybody figured this out yet?
Just bought oneplus5T and can't connect it to Sonos...tried everything I've been advised...no joy!
My old galaxy s6 worked just fine...so irritating!
Heeelp!
Hey Jeff... you're a genius! So grateful for your reply....I must admit I panicked when I saw the references to router frequencies thinking it would be beyond my mediocre tech abilities but I logged into router from my laptop and found out my phone and Sonos were indeed on different frequencies...was v easy to change my phone onto same as Sonos and it then connected immediately! Brilliant...thank you so much!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hey Jeff... you're a genius! So grateful for your reply....I must admit I panicked when I saw the references to router frequencies thinking it would be beyond my mediocre tech abilities but I logged into router from my laptop and found out my phone and Sonos were indeed on different frequencies...was v easy to change my phone onto same as Sonos and it then connected immediately! Brilliant...thank you so much!

It's great to hear that everything is working. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any more issues.