Android app & DLNA server - add whole playlist/album/artist to queue

• 22 September 2018
  • 6 replies

I would like to be able to use the Sonos Android app to select music to play. I have my music on a DLNA server (MediaMonkey) and I am able to browse the library in my Sonos app. However, I'm only able to add songs to the queue one-by-one. I would like to be able to select an album and have it play the whole album (or everything from an artist or a playlist). Is there any way to do this with the Android app?

I found this topic that has a similar question and has the following reply:
Hi Tobbe,

Using the Android Controller for Sonos you can go into the Music menu and select Windows Media servers, such as your UPnP server. You can add whole albums or individual tracks from the using that browser. To add multiple albums or tracks, you will have to add one two the queue, then the next. There isn't an option to select multiple tracks or albums to add from any source on the mobile controllers.

Thanks
I know this reply is very old, so the Android app has probably changed a lot... But I can't find any way to queue a whole album from a UPnP or DLNA server using the Sonos Android app. I can only select individual songs to add to the queue. Am I missing something or doing it wrong?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge +20
Yes... DLNA poop!

How big is your library, number of tracks or albums appropriately?
Yes... DLNA poop!

How big is your library, number of tracks or albums appropriately?
The library is not so big, around 10000 tracks. I don't see how that has anything to do with the question though. I know I can index the songs in the Sonos app, but that would mean I lose the dynamic playlists that I have set up in MediaMonkey (playlists I can't make in Sonos for sure).
Badge +20
Because indexing in Sonos would be the answer unfortunately.
You can export any playlist in M3U format and use it in Sonos. Just put it in the share directory. You can even update them dynamically without reindexing and Sonos will pick up the changes.
Where is the share directory?
Where is the share directory?

It is whatever directory you are sharing your music from. You can view it in More > Settings > Manage Music Library.