Question

Android 10 no longer shows song name on lock screen

• 17 September 2019
  • 6 replies

My Pixel phone just got updated to Android 10 and now there is no song listed on the lock screen. Just the artist and the controls. What happened?

I tried to search for the answer but search is horrible on this forum. There is no way to sort by recent, it just jumbles them all up trying to show you what is relevant (it failed).

Thanks - Steve

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I figured out that it was the new dark mode hiding the song name. Artist/album show up in gray but the song name is in black I guess and gets hidden when you choose global dark mode.

Hopefully Sonos can fix that. No idea where to send feedback besides here though.

Steve
Badge +7
Is somebody at Sonos able to comment on this, specifically regarding whether there are currently steps being taken to accommodate dark mode?

Dark mode will inevitably become the default choice for most.
Bump. Still waiting for a response from Sonos.
I commented on that in this thread when the 10.4 update came along after the official release of Android 10. I got the same response as always.

I would say that something like this is much less complicated to implement than actual changes in the players firmware. Also, an app should just implement the OS' behavior correctly. It really shouldn't be a matter of "passing along the interest".

Bump. Still no word. Should be an easy fix as well. 

This looks fixed in the latest update. This is what the release notes say: 

“Performance enhancements and improved reliability.”

Thanks for the details. Sheesh.