Question

Alphabet sidebar for Playlists

• 10 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
As someone who almost exclusively uses Playlists in iTunes I find it very frustrating to have to scroll through the many (100's) of playlists I have to reach one near the end of the alphabet.

Album & Songs both have Alphabetical sidebars making it easy to skip to playlists starting with S, T etc

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Interesting observation: while standard Sonos playlist navigation expects only a small number of playlists with manageable navigation via scrolling, there is a way you might be able to do this. If you have a bunch of ".m3u" playlist files in your local library, you can use the "music library->imported playlists" navigation route. You get the ability to jump directly to a given letter using sidebar (mobile) or keyboard (desktop).
Badge
thanks - but where do I access "music library->imported playlists" navigation route - I can't seem to find it anywhere in the Sonos app or iTunes
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
thanks - but where do I access "music library->imported playlists" navigation route - I can't seem to find it anywhere in the Sonos app or iTunes

On desktop, it's "Select Music Source" (RHS panel) then "Music Library->Imported playlists". On mobile, it's "Browse" (from bottom navbar) then "Music Library->Imported playlists". But it might require there to be valid .m3u files in your local library. Not sure if there are other playlist formats/options supported.
Badge
there are no m3u files on my phone nor on my desktop - having googled how to create them in iTunes it would appear I would need to export each playlist individually and then use some sort of app to transfer them to the phone - I think it would be much easier if the aplha function was added to the Sonos software

is this the best place to make those kind of suggestions?