Alexa Integration? Likely not.

Just walked through Target and noticed a neat little idea they implemented with a brand priduct called Fabrique. $50 wireless speakers designed to integrate strictly with Alexa. They CLEARLY side stepped Sonos, pushed them out and went on with their own more affordable systems. All speakers work in unison or you can break them up into zones like Sonos.

I suspected the last few months Sonos couldnt get the deal done based on how long it was taking them but this pretty much confirms it. Sure "theu want it to be universal and adaptive to ALL AI but writing a simple app to integrate Alexa and push theupdate through shouldnt take but a blink of am eye. I was building my system based on Alexa integration but at least I know now before I invest several K's.

Too bad, they are great speakers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Dadomaster, Sonos and Alexa integration is going really well right now. We'll well on track for release this year, though we don't have any specifics we can share right now on the timeline. We know there's a lot of interest, but everyone's going to have to stay tuned for more information as it develops later this year.
Hooe so for Sonos sake. Im moving on.
Sigh. Yet another first time poster tossing bombs along with a thinly veiled shill for another product.
Lol, yeah I dont spend much time posting on blogs and bulleten boards dude. No t my lifestyle. If you fail to see the purpose of my statement Id suggest you put the gaming keyboard down, grab a razor, shave the beard, hop in the shower and go get some sunlight little man. Your brain is begining to fryyyyyyyyy.
Lol, yeah I dont spend much time posting on blogs and bulleten boards dude. No t my lifestyle. If you fail to see the purpose of my statement Id suggest you put the gaming keyboard down, grab a razor, shave the beard, hop in the shower and go get some sunlight little man. Your brain is begining to fryyyyyyyyy.Let's just all leave this guy to his opinions. He is entitled to them and arguing is a waste of effort.
Just takes a quick Google search to see it's not a threat in any way, lol. OP even got the name wrong.

https://www.cnet.com/products/fabriq-alexa-enabled-smart-speaker/preview/
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Just takes a quick Google search to see it's not a threat in any way, lol. OP even got the name wrong.

Thanks for sharing.....
Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Alexa or not, this doesn't look like something that would compete with my pair of Play-5 speakers.
Looks like competition for the echo dot. Takes out some features from the dot and adds in a few features. No wake word (have to push a button) is a huge drawback, but the battery and limited multiroom functionality is nice. I can see were someone would opt for this over a dot, depending on specific needs.

BTW, product's been out since last October, hard to imagine it's a big threat to the existing players in the market. It also looks like there are quite a few very similar devices out there. It feels like one of those products that takes advantage of whatever the latest trend, serving customer that want a cheap alternative and don't really want to do much research on it. That's fine. I hope it does well, and pushes Amazon to continue adding features to Alexa.