Alexa being incorporated in Amazon's iOS app

• 16 March 2017
  • 4 replies

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but it appears that Amazon is incorporating the Alexa (Echo) voice control inside of the Amazon app on iOS.

https://9to5mac.com/2017/03/16/amazon-iphone-ipad-alexa-amazon-app/

This should make things interesting when Sonos' integration is completed. Yet one more way to access your music, without needing to be in the same room as your Echo device.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Yeah, I got all excited until I remembered I have Dots covering the whole house already, lol.

I wonder how this might work when you are away from your network though ...
Exactly the same thought I was having. Can I entertain my cat while not being at home? 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
While you're at the grocery store, you get an alert from one of your wireless security cameras... "Alexa, play 'Somebody's watching me' in the living room"...

I know I would freak out if I was alone somewhere and that song just started playing!
I am just now experimenting with this functionality. It seems to work, even outside the home network. Sitting in backyard, out of wifi range, using Amazon app on iPhone (cellular) to ask Alexa to play music through house mounted speakers. Pretty cool... Sonos should promote this!