Alerts

• 14 February 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge
Living in the Midwest in the sticks... We are always having severe weather. It would be great if Sonos could offer the feature to turn on or turn off weather alerts of certain types and for specific counties. While we have a weather radio - it is only in one room. Having Sonos products in every room would certainly grab attention much quicker...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You could do it with Smartthings home automation
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
I have been playing around with a Beta app on Android. Its called Notify Home. So far i have been pretty impressed.
It allows you to use "messages" sent to your phone and send prompts to your Sonos speakers. It also allows you to broadcast your own messages. It worked well requesting a beer from my wife in another room, although she wasnt very happy, LOL. The way the message capture works, you select an app. So if you have a weather app on your phone that alerts you, you could then have that send a message out to the speakers. Testing this weekend, i could set a tone like a Emergency Sound to play. As far as getting actual mesage to come up like "Flood Warning" i am not sure if or will it be able to do that. So far i have really liked the app, It stops current audio for each speaker you choose, plays a tone (or message if you broadcast one) and then goes back to the current audio. Once i get a chance to play with it more, i was going to post about it but i thought you might want to test some with it.
Badge
You could do it with Smartthings home automation Quick question... Is Smartthings from Samsung?
Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, JCDSTL. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I am happy to forward your request along to the team. Thanks again for sharing your insight.