ALBUM TRACKS NOW ARRANGED ALPHABETICALLY

• 5 October 2018
  • 5 replies

Just decided to play some music only to discover all the album tracks are listed and play in alphabetcal order. How do I change this?

At the moment, Sgt.Pepper STARTS with A Day In The Life!!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Is this from local library or streaming service? Is it all music or just selected albums? Is this via a standard artist->album browse or from a playlist? When you see the album tracklisting in the browsing navigation, do you see track numbers? Are you missing tagging information for track number?

Short of doing an "Artist->All", I'm not sure how you'd get an alphabetical list of songs to add to the queue.
I have the same issue. Tracks (mp3, properly tagged) come from my NAS. Ali worked fine in previous versions. I tried changing the sorting setting in library options and reindexing but it doesn't have any effect.
I have the same issue too. My library is mostly contained on my computer through Windows Media Player. As Ping_ling says, all was fine a couple of updates ago, now all albums in my library sorted alphabetically, despite settings as track number.
That’s Strange! ... I have latest version of the Sonos App and my Album tracks from my NAS are all in 'track number' order and play in that order with 'shuffle' turned off on the now playing screen.
Thanks, I think I have it sorted now. Had to remove all my library folders and add them back again, and it seems to have sorted the problem. Perhaps other should try this if not tried already.