Album art

• 13 February 2005
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Just curious...does the Sonos system support album art just as part of the MP3 metadata, or will it use the album art JPG's that Media Player 10 (and I think, iTunes) creates and places in each albums folder?

I ripped my CD collection a couple of years ago, and I really don't know if my MP3's even contain album art in their metadata. I know I have the album art jpg's, though.

Is there any utility (windows based) for viewing an MP3's metadata?

Thanks.

9 replies

Sonos DMS supports both (album art in the meta data and also a seperate file in the folder containing the album).

I used Windows Media 10 from Microsoft with great success to add album art to my entire collection.

Chris.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Sonos DMS supports both (album art in the meta data and also a seperate file in the folder containing the album).

I used Windows Media 10 from Microsoft with great success to add album art to my entire collection.

Chris.

Thanks. Does Windows Media Player 10 create album art in the metadata? I know it creates the jpg's.

Do you know of a way to look at an MP3s' metadata to see what it contains?
Userlevel 2
Can you help me add album art to the cds I've ripped using itunes on my pc??
Userlevel 2
Check some of the utilities mentioned in this thread. They'll automatically fetch album art from the internet and embed them into your music files.

http://forums.sonos.com/showthread.php?t=141
Userlevel 3
Badge
Can you help me add album art to the cds I've ripped using itunes on my pc??

I had the same problem as you. I ripped everything using iTunes. But, I purchased a Creative ZEN Portable Media Center, which is only supported by WMP 10, so I added all my MP3's into WMP10.

What I found was, that WMP10 automatically downloads and stores the album art for any albums that you "add" to your library! So, now all my albums have the accompanying album art! Automatically!
Userlevel 2
Call me dense, but... would it be possible to prepare a document with step-by-step instructions on how to use WMP10 to retrieve art for those of us using iTunes??

That's a lot to expect, I know, but given the extremely high bar Sonos Tech Support has set, I'm guessing there's a reasonably good chance to get it.

THANKS!
Yes, I will get up faq on how to do this published on faq.sonos.com.

-Bobby
http://sonos.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sonos.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=59
How do I get album art to appear on the Controller's Now Playing screen?

Faq has been updated with screenshots and directions for adding album artwork using Windows Media Player 10.

-Bobby
Userlevel 2
I've attempted to use WMP10 to imbed album art, however I cannot view music ripped in iTunes to ACC format (mpeg-4 Audio file). The only music I can find are some samples in .wma format. I assume Microsoft doesn't support the Apple format. Can anyone verify this? Or am I simply missing something? Thanks

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings