Answered

Alarms "hidden" in System Settings with 10.4

• 10 September 2019
  • 144 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Ah come on Sonos, alarms used to be so easy. It used to be click ‘More’, click alarms. Now in 10.4 it’s click ‘Settings’, click ‘System’, scroll around a bit, click ‘Alarms’. Why? Sometimes it feels like Sonos is constantly changing stuff for the sake of change, not to improve the functionality.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 11 December 2019, 17:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

144 replies

Userlevel 1

Thank you - That is a huge improvement!

Userlevel 2

Thanks for acting on the user feedback! This is a good solution.

Badge

Thanks for your patience everyone, and I hope this shortcut makes it easier on your evenings. I’ve also passed on the other feedback for other functionality and displays.

Just fyi… After updating, the intermittent missing alarm issue still remains. Here’s a shot of my iPad & iPhone side by side so you can see. Its currently missing on the MacOS app as well. (note: the alarms showed up fine the other day on the iPad and eventually on the Mac, but not on the iPhone.) Is there a anticipated fix date for this? Thanks.

The team has concluded their testing and the alarms shortcut is being sent out to all Sonos households today. You will be able to access your alarms screen from the Rooms tab, by clicking on the alarm bell at the top left of the screen. If you don’t see the shortcut yet, check for updates in your Sonos system, as there is one that released today, and then you might just have to wait a little while. The setting is rolling out to homes today and might not have reached your system yet.

Thanks for your patience everyone, and I hope this shortcut makes it easier on your evenings. I’ve also passed on the other feedback for other functionality and displays.

What a very very terrible choice of “fixing” a feature that is used so often. Sonos really needs to rethink it’s UI/UX design!

What a very very terrible choice of “fixing” a feature that is used so often. Sonos really needs to rethink it’s UI/UX design!

Why would making it a shortcut visible all the time from the main Now Playing screen instead of hiding it in a menu in Settings be a “terrible choice”?

Badge +2

I take back my “Thank you.” This update is apparently not compatible with my nightstand tablet’s Android 5.1.1.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I take back my “Thank you.” This update is apparently not compatible with my nightstand tablet’s Android 5.1.1.

Android 5.1.1 is too old to still be supported with full control, but devices running that software are still able to control normal playback and I believe they can edit alarms too. Let me check with the team if this shortcut was pushed to those controllers.

I'm using the Sonos app (version 10.6 build 54272060) on Android version 9, but when I go to the rooms tab, I don't see an alarm icon in the top left corner. When should I expect to see it? Thanks. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

We were away at friends over the Christmas period. They also have Sonos. Logged onto their system and the alarm short cut was available. Returned home and logged onto my own Sonos set up and no alarm short cut still not available. Would be nice to know when the update is likely to arrive for the rest of us.

While you wait for Sonos to respond, can you confirm that you’re running 10.6 version of the Sonos software?

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

It should be live for everyone now, well, everyone who has updated to the latest Sonos software. Can you go into the Sonos app and check for updates there? Once that’s done, you should see the bell at the top left of the screen on the tab that lists your rooms. If you don’t see it, can you submit a diagnostic and let me know the confirmation number here? I’ll check it out for you.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi.

I appear to be on version 10.6 build 54272031 I have checked for updates but it says non scheduled. Still no bell symbol for the alarms. Not sure if it makes a difference but I have 13 zones and a total of 16 Sonos products. I have sent a diagnostic report ref. 640990193.

Many Thanks

Hi.

I appear to be on version 10.6 build 54272031 I have checked for updates but it says non scheduled. Still no bell symbol for the alarms. Not sure if it makes a difference but I have 13 zones and a total of 16 Sonos products. I have sent a diagnostic report ref. 640990193.

Many Thanks

Are you certain you are looking at the “Rooms Tab“ in the App … just thought I would double check that. (see my screenshot)…

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi

Definitely not there (screen shot below). As mentioned above the symbol appeared when logged onto a friends Sonos system but nowhere to be seen on our own setup. Will try deleting and reinstalling the app.

Sapperjohn,

Strange that the software was working correctly on your device on your friends network, so I wonder if it’s a network related matter.

Have you perhaps considered a reboot of the router and Sonos devices, just to see if that makes a difference.

Also maybe consider a reset of the Sonos controller software and connecting back to the 'existing' system.

Badge +2

Android 5.1.1 is too old to still be supported with full control, but devices running that software are still able to control normal playback and I believe they can edit alarms too. Let me check with the team if this shortcut was pushed to those controllers.

Maybe I panicked a bit when I saw the banner notice at the top of the app saying it was no longer supported for the first time, but I’m pretty sure the new bell shortcut wasn’t showing up initially. It does now… but not before I bought a trio of refurb Android 9 tablets from Walmart (their onn. 8” tablet is actually pretty decent even as a refurb) and printed out some custom docks in TPU… Well, we’ll see how much I miss the ease of the pogo pin dock from my Nexus 7.

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

@Sapperjohn, can you force quite your Sonos app, just make sure it’s fully closed, and then reopen it? It sounds like your app is just fine and the account needs to re-trigger the check for the alarms shortcut. This should do the trick.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi Ryan

That has done the trick. Alarm symbol present and working.

Many thanks

Badge

I still have an issue with alarms missing from the alarms page--even after updating to iOS 13 and MacOs 10.15.3. From what I can tell, if I have both the Sonos app for iOS loaded and the Sonos app for Catalina loaded, one (but not both) will display alarms; sometimes neither one will display alarms. 

SONOS, PLEASE FIX THIS ANNOYING BUG!!