Answered

Alarms "hidden" in System Settings with 10.4

• 10 September 2019
  • 144 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Ah come on Sonos, alarms used to be so easy. It used to be click ‘More’, click alarms. Now in 10.4 it’s click ‘Settings’, click ‘System’, scroll around a bit, click ‘Alarms’. Why? Sometimes it feels like Sonos is constantly changing stuff for the sake of change, not to improve the functionality.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 11 December 2019, 17:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

144 replies

The alarm settings placement was great before this update. Now it is a travesty. Did Sonos think that no one was using these? Not only are they buried deeply in settings with a lot of scrolling required (have to pass all your devices), but now you can't even set your music from your favorites. Please bring back the old alarm interface. This was a huge fail.
Userlevel 1
Please fix this asap
As a loyal customer owning many speakers I have to scroll through all speakers I bought.

How could this even happen? Who changes Account, speaker or Services etc. settings more often then Alarms?
Please fix this asap
As a loyal customer owning many speakers I have to scroll through all speakers I bought.

How could this even happen? Who changes Account, speaker or Services etc. settings more often then Alarms?

If you look at the previous page in this thread and the comments particularly from Sonos Staff, you will see that this is already a matter that’s being looked at by Sonos.
Userlevel 1
Please fix this asap

More you bought, more Sonos bother you !!
A shame !
(still waiting on my side)
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Original poster here... still not in my 10.4.2 update. Boooooo
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
There are always some settings people want higher up than others, equalization, easier access to remove and re-add surrounds or Subs, surround volume controls, and more that I can't think of right now. Ultimately, the team makes decisions based on data, requests, and what makes sense. But they also are happy to continue fine tuning things. So when there is something you miss, or want to see changed, feel free to speak up, constructively.

@Ryan S A suggestion: In the settings menu, a swipe down would show 'favourites', the favourites or similar same, would be the settings used the most, in order of usage, ie the most used option would appear at top. A swipe left on a favourite item would delete that specific menu item from favourites.
Ah come on Sonos, alarms used to be so easy. It used to be click ‘More’, click alarms. Now in 10.4 it’s click ‘Settings’, click ‘System’, scroll around a bit, click ‘Alarms’. Why? Sometimes it feels like Sonos is constantly changing stuff for the sake of change, not to improve the functionality.

Agree, what are they thinking. Turn the alarm off in system? This is bizarre
Userlevel 1
Hurry up guys !

Seeing how fast Sonos was able to make my UX so bad is very disapointing.
It leads me to the following statement : my satisfaction with Sonos may disapear in one update, as if I changed to a completely different product, without any way to keep my "old" ans working product.
The conclusion is :should I move away from you guys or should I trust you to improve my product without downgrading it ?!

@Ryan S : By the way, could you at least share the APK with the fix (shortcut on "Rooms" page)?
I want to say how rubbish it is to hide the alarm function away. So it is the middle of the night and you wake realising that you need to change the alarm. What you do not need to do is navigate through multiple tabs to get to the alarm settings. Whoever made these changes just does not use or understand the product.
Please bring back the old position of alarms. I would wager a lot of people like me change their alarm time on a regular basis. And if you do fall into this category, you will probably want to check the time you have it set for quite often as well. Waking up to my Discovery playlist alarm is one of my favourite Sonos features and this change takes some of the gloss away from it
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

As alluded to earlier in the thread, In the current version (10.4.2) of the iOS controller there’s a shortcut to the alarm settings in the ‘Rooms’ tab, at the top left of the list of Rooms. It’s a small black bell icon with a blue badge if there are alarms set.

Badge

What has happened to the bell alarm icon that used to be at the top right of the room,it was there a couple of weeks ago, but seems to have gone

Badge

Came here to look up the answer to where the alarms had gone. it wasn’t obvious to me. had to google the answer!

As alluded to earlier in the thread, In the current version (10.4.2) of the iOS controller there’s a shortcut to the alarm settings in the ‘Rooms’ tab, at the top left of the list of Rooms. It’s a small black bell icon with a blue badge if there are alarms set.

Not seeing this at all. I have all my rooms in a group. I tried ungrouping and adding new alarms but not seeing anything like this in the Rooms tab. Do they trial things based on location?

I think it’s based on your account number, and a random number of account numbers are included.

Once they’re happy, I’d assume they’d turn it on for everyone, unless they’ve determined an issue that needs to be fixed, and re-tested before general release. Fixing things in the live environment (where our client is) is a signiificant challenge, rife with potential for breaking everything and anything. While it’s great for the end user, since they get to “see” it ASAP,  it’s not great for the development team, due to those risks.

iOS 13. Does dark mode matter?

Hi mikeap, Alarms are a system setting which are usually set and then not changed frequently, and in many cases, not used at all. I can't say if that's the specific logic used here, but it's certainly one of the factors, and something that makes sense. There are always some settings people want higher up than others, equalization, easier access to remove and re-add surrounds or Subs, surround volume controls, and more that I can't think of right now. Ultimately, the team makes decisions based on data, requests, and what makes sense. But they also are happy to continue fine tuning things. So when there is something you miss, or want to see changed, feel free to speak up, constructively.

In the case of the Inbox, the way they constructed the menus it seemed to fit best where it wound up, as opposed to other fields. Regarding the so called "spam," you can turn off in app notifications on your system by going here and unchecking the field for notifications in the Sonos app.

I’m sorry but your first sentence is just nonsense. People may not change their alarm times often but they want to set them several times each week but maybe not every day. This move was a hugely retrograde step in the latest release.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

What a chore this was lastnight to find the Alarm setting! Please revert to making Alarms easier to find, buried in Settings is no place for an operating feature. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Not for me!!! I have 10.4.2 on Pixel 3 running Android 10 and its NOT there. Also 10.4.2 (Build 521369260) on multiple iOS devices and there's NO alarm shortcut on any of my devices

Userlevel 2
Badge

Same here running Android, there is no shortcut in Rooms or on my iOS device. 

Userlevel 1

More than one month and still no fix available…

@Ryan S  Please hurry up !!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I’ve made sure the team knows people are still looking for a shortcut to the Alarms. The shortcut that was shown earlier in the thread is only available to some systems, but depending on how it goes, it may get to a wider audience in the future. I’ll be suer to let you know when I hear more.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I’ve made sure the team knows people are still looking for a shortcut to the Alarms. The shortcut that was shown earlier in the thread is only available to some systems, but depending on how it goes, it may get to a wider audience in the future. I’ll be suer to let you know when I hear more.

So they thought this was going to blow over? They would pretend to work on it by creating a brief fix for a small number of people just to say they listened, and then drop it and move on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The shortcut that was shown earlier in the thread is only available to some systems

What systems is it available to, Ryan? Is it a specific hardware combination? Or are you in some way selecting specific owners and releasing it to them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Not for me!!! I have 10.4.2 on Pixel 3 running Android 10 and its NOT there. Also 10.4.2 (Build 521369260) on multiple iOS devices and there's NO alarm shortcut on any of my devices

That’s curious. I’m not in the beta program or anything -- I’m just running the standard production controllers for iOS.