Alarm settings

• 16 May 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
It should be possible to chose from your speakers which to be included in an alarm. Also to be able to add "all rooms". Furthermore I'd like to see a customization of the volumes for this. I have a Sonos 1, a Sonos 3 and the Sonos Connect Amp. The latter is in general much lower than the active speakers, and as I also use it for my TV, I not only have to add this to the group when the alarm goes off, I also have to adjust the volume. This could be very simple with the above mentioned settings.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi kdravn,

Thanks for the suggestion centered around increased alarm functionality on Sonos. I will be sure to get your feedback passed on up. As always if you have any other ideas on how to improve the Sonos experience we would love to hear them.
This is my #1 suggestion for an improvement also. kdravn wrote exactly what I would like to see, and making multiple rooms possible for one alarm seems like a simple fix.
This is exactly what I was going to suggest as I do different groupings throughout the house at different times, so not all speakers are grouped in the morning when the alarm goes off. It would also be great to set volumes for each speaker so I can set it quieter in the bedroom and louder elsewhere. Please add more flexibility to the alarms!
Userlevel 1
This would be a really great feature. The Play:3 in our bedroom plays the alarm each morning, which is great, but the Beam and paired Play:1s downstairs always end up ungrouped because they default to TV audio.

A setting to make the alarm automatically form a new group, or simply playback everywhere regardless of group would be really great!
I was just about to put on this on a futurerequest. My play1 is programmed with all the alarms but would like some alarms to play on both the play:1 and play:5 at different volumes too. Thanks in advance.
I agree. Only being able to add grouped rooms is not enough. You have to check every night which rooms are grouped and also check the volume. More flexibility, please!
Userlevel 7
Badge +8
This has been a feature request since Sonos was first released. I wouldn't hold your breath. Either Sonos don't get it (I doubt this) or there is something preventing it. I have had Sonos since think 2005, and have seen this request thousands of times.

Sorry to dash any hopes.
Userlevel 1
All, thanks for your support and comments. Please, can you like the suggestion, so we can get the number up, and thereby get Sonos' attention?