Alarm remote shut off

• 22 April 2019
  • 4 replies

I use every morning m/f the alarm clock feature with my Sonos system, which works pretty well. However every time I leave home for a few days for my business trips I ALWAYS forget to shut it off so that it won’t play around the house while I’m not there.
Sonos team should add a feature to allow, perhaps through logging in into the account, to shut off the alarm even if you are not logged in on the same WiFi network of the Sonos system, so now I could shut it off even while I am away from home!:S

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Really is absurd that there still is no support for this. I'll tell you what my work around is, because I too go on extended work trips and my neighbors end up hating me. I now have all my Sonos speakers plugged into smart outlets that allow me to power them down remotely. No power to the speaker, no alarm.

Hi, I landed here this morning exactly for the same reason. My neighbour will hate me, too: Today I am out over the weekend and I forgot to switch the alarm Off. THIS IS A MUST in today’s time of IoT. Even if due to security measures you need to do a two-steps verification. Sonos products are so much differenciated to be the top leading reference in the market, that they simply cannot miss such a Feature.   Minimum requirement would be a on/off and additionally nice to have a volume control…. Hope to see this in the soon future!!! Thanks. 

Its already set that way. It might sound weird but I wish I could control that feature from remote in case I forget to switch it off
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Why don’t you set the alarm duration to automatically cutoff after time you leave for work.