Question

Alarm - group speakers

• 17 November 2015
  • 3 replies

Hi

I have just purchased my first Sonos speakers - Play 1 and I have 3 of these in different zones/rooms.

Currently the speakers are not grouped and I was wondering is there a option to group these speakers when creating the alarm?

E.g. I create a new alarm, for this alarm I want the speakers to be grouped. The then alarm plays on ALL speakers or set of speakers that I choose and once the alarm has finished the speakers go back to its original setup - no grouped?

If this is not possible how do we go about suggesting this as a feature request as this is feature which I'm sure would be useful.

Thanks
Sho

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I second this its a needed feature.
i use multiple alarms for each speaker but it would be a lot easier if there was a group all function.

also needs a function to automatically switch back the source of the soundbar to grouped speakers when the tv is no longer providing input.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

While you can choose to include grouped rooms when creating an alarm, there is not currently a way to define a preset group for an alarm. We'll forward your suggestion as a feature request to our development team.
Plus one for me - I would really like this for grouping 2 rooms together to automate radio background music during breakfast with the kids each school day
(It works now but I have to remember to pre-set the group each night before going to bed)