Alarm clock Volume gradually increased.

• 14 October 2013
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge
A Sonos customer suggested: Alarm clock Volume gradually increased. Example: 8.00 alarm start with 20% 8.05 increase Volume to 30 % 8.10 increase Volume to 40 % Feel free to leave your support.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 1
Yes, this would be great! Maybe we could just define a time, at which a predefined level is reached? So let's say you have your alarm level set to 40%. Now you just need to define, when this "full alarm level" is reached. Like 2 mins or so.
I use a feature like this on my phone and it works great. Would love to see it on the Sonos system.
This would be great !!
I can't believe this isn't already a feature. I guess everything gets improved over time.
Yes please. Would be even better if you could add a snooze/kill function per speaker. So kill the sound in bedroom, but have it gradualy increase in bathroom and kitchen.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Yes yes yes and also the same for sleep. But with more little steps. Consider that lowest volume that can be set from the android application on sleep the song is truncated without any fading. This means that volume steps should be smaller than they are today, I hate when a song is abruptly stopped. Think about in a silence room it is annoying.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Sonos, try to set minimum level from Android app and then set sleep timer in complete silent environment. When sleep happens there is no graceful fade out. Music is truncated. This means we need a bigger number of steps to fade out music. Thank you
The idea of a rising rate alarm volume would be great. Set start volume and final volume and the time for the rise to happen. sleep could just be the opposite.
Would be great!!! Just define start time, end time, fade in or fade out and the start or end volume. Then steps go divided by time... Volume should increase without hearable steps...!
If Sonos did this, I could get rid of my alarm clock. I'd love that!
I think this is a fantastic idea; to be honest, I am surprised it's not already a feature.
Please please pease add this. I'd ramp up a bit faster than suggested though. (start at 0, be at 100% after 2 minutes). Easy enough to make the ramp-up time adjustable.
This would be a great feature. I use this to wake up our kids but we can abruptly hear music starting all over the house. Its a bit jarring.