Answered

Alarm and version 9.2

• 15 October 2018
  • 6 replies

The alarm feature doesn't seem to work as well after the latest update (version 9.2) (at least not on the Android app interface). I can still set the alarm, and it goes off at the right time, but i no longer have the options to snooze or dismiss the alarm, which is pretty annoying. On the app it just appears as if a song is playing. Anyone else aware / have issues with this? Is that a fix coming for this?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 19 October 2018, 23:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
I deleted all the alarms last night and re made them.
The 1st one did not have a snooze option and the screen never came on
The second alarm (15 minutes later) came on with the snooze option.
The other day I set 3 alarms 5 minutes apart with the snooze option saved. None of them turned the screen on and none of them had the snooze option. When I re-checked the alarms the snooze option was no longer active. It was definitely active when I save the alarm.
I have updated the app but it makes no difference.
Badge
I hopened a ticket with Sonos custom care but no one cares about:@
Userlevel 1
Mine also does not show the snooze button. I checked the alarm before going to bed and make sure the snooze function is on and saved. When the alarm goes off the snooze button is not there and when checking the alarm settings the snooze function is off despite being saved as on 7 hours earlier.
I have 3 alarms set now at 5 min intervals. The first never shows a snooze button, the 2nd and 3rd sometimes do. But very random.
Never had any issues with the CR100 controllers before they were bricked. The alarm worked perfectly for 12 years. So it shows Sonos can make things work reliably just not with the app.
I hope they fix it soon
Badge
The same for me with Android App. Anybody can fix it? It behaves completely randomly, some time works some others not some others again not event pop up appears.......
Badge
I'm having the same problem and can shed some light on more specifics so you too can recreate the problem.

Sonos used to automatically activate on my phone every time I connected to my home wifi. Now I have to activate it manually. I don't always remember to do that (y'know, ya get home late, plug your phone in, curl up, go to sleep...) and sometimes even when I do, the app doesn't stay on the whole night. So, as a result, when the alarm does go off, I don't see the options to snooze or dismiss the alarm.

I've done what you said to do above - re-make the alarm and set the sleep timer... but the added step you need to do to recreate the problem is to disconnect your wifi, then reconnect it again (which, of course, takes the Sonos app out of the notification bar, thus stopping it from displaying the options to snooze/dismiss).
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Paul, are you still having trouble with the Android sleep timer? Can you please re-make the alarm using your Android device and make sure you select the sleep timer option at the bottom of that alarm?

You can test it out by just setting the alarm for a few minutes after starting it.