Answered

Airplay and Sonos

• 14 July 2021
  • 9 replies

• Contributor I
  • 4 replies

Can I play the songs loaded on my iphone 6 ios 12.5 on my Sonos speakers?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 15 July 2021, 11:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, if you have an AirPlay-compatible Sonos speaker. Read more here:
https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1230?language=en_US

Thanks for that.

The only device to pop-up in the control centre window was my iphone 6.

I expected a list of Sonos devices.

I have 6 Sonos devices but it did not find any of them

Wyko

Userlevel 7

Which Sonos devices do you have?

Hi

Sound Bar

Sonos 3

3 Sonos Ones

Connect

Badge +17

Hi @wyko,

I’ve checked the devices registered to your account, and unfortunately none of them are Airplay 2 capable. (You in fact have 3 Play:1s and not Sonos Ones, the former of which is not compatible with Airplay 2). This unfortunately means you won’t be able to use Airplay with your Sonos system to play the tracks stored on your device. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The cheapest solution to get Airplay in your Sonos system is IKEA Symfonisk. You could Airplay to that and group the other speakers with the Symfonisk.

Thank you very much for your comments and advice

Regards

wyko

I have had a thought following 106rallye’s comment

If I bought a newer Sonos 1, perhaps the one with the microphone.  Would that connect to my iphone 6 and group all my other Sonos devices in my system?

wyko

I have had a thought following 106rallye’s comment

If I bought a newer Sonos 1, perhaps the one with the microphone.  Would that connect to my iphone 6 and group all my other Sonos devices in my system?

wyko

Yes.  You would use airplay to have your phone’s audio play on the Sonos One, then go into the Sonos app to group all the rooms you want to play in.