Question

Missing rooms after downloading S1

• 26 October 2020
  • 9 replies

Sonos1 app will only find bridge. Unable to find rooms

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Did the rooms get upgraded to S2, leaving the Bridge on S1?

Not that I am aware. How would I find this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

There should be a More Info or About option somewhere, hard to be specific as I don’t know what device you are running the app on, or how far that app is getting. A screenshot is worth a thousand words.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

What does About My System show?

I would also suggest running my app (see profile) which will find every device on your network and might make things a little clearer. I still think your other devices were upgraded to S2 but can’t confirm yet.

@Moumoulous, Presumably you’ve split the system into S1 (Bridge) and S2 (components). Remove the S1 app from your devices, disconnect the Bridge, and download the S2 app from the respective store.

Thanks for the suggestions.

All sorted now after talking for 51 minutes to support. Great service

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Moumoulous For future reference: how did you solve your problem?

I spoke to support but i cannot remember all the different steps i had to take to resolve the problem. Kept hitting brick walls then trying something else. Deleted the app, restored it, unplugged connect, reconnected it and got rid of the bridge altogether, it works fine without it. Sorry i cant be more precise. Worth the phone call.