Question

Advanced Room Settings missing in iOS App (and no update available)

Badge +1
I am running V 6.2.2 Sonos Controller on iOS. My speakers are all on V6.3.

The advanced room setting (for EQ, etc) are no longer present in the Sonos app.

As I have read elsewhere on these forums, the controller and system must be the same version.

I have tried both "resetting the controller" and uninstalling and reinstalling the app (then reconnecting to the existing system).

When I try "online updates" it says "no update required; your Sonos system is up to date." I also occasionally get a pop-up in the iOS app saying I need to update the system software; however, when I follow the subsequent dialog, I get the same "no update required" message.

I am experiencing these problems on both an iPhone and iPad.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

You are in the beta programme, which doesn't work for Ios devices (as explained in the v6.3 beta release notes). To get full functionality back quit the beta programme and reupdate.
Badge +1
Thanks for the reply.

I checked my profile on Sonos.com and in the beta tab it says I am "inactive", so I can't quit it. (I also tried a different email address that I might have joined under and I wasn't signed up for the beta there).

Any other ideas?
Have you gone into the controller app itself under beta programme?
Did you have the system put in by an installer? If so, it often happens that the installer uses his own e-mail to register units, and when they sign up for beta, all the systems he registered switch to beta. Contact Sonos support and they can get you sorted.
Badge +1
Thanks again for your help!

I don't see how to go into the controller app under the beta (or other way) -- don't see any place to login or input anything like that.
Badge +1
Did you have the system put in by an installer? If so, it often happens that the installer uses his own e-mail to register units, and when they sign up for beta, all the systems he registered switch to beta. Contact Sonos support and they can get you sorted.

Good thought! Alas, I did it all myself...
Sorry I wasn't very clear. Under advanced settings there should be a setting for beta programme
How was this resolved? Missed the beta note.
How was this resolved? Missed the beta note.

It's resolved by leaving the beta program.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks for the reply.

I checked my profile on Sonos.com and in the beta tab it says I am "inactive", so I can't quit it. (I also tried a different email address that I might have joined under and I wasn't signed up for the beta there).

Any other ideas?

Hi Argelius,

It sounds like your Sonos system is registered to an email which is signed up for the beta program. Since it looks like your email is not in the beta your system's probably registered to a different email. If you send in a diagnostic report from your system I can look it up and see what's going on. Please send in a report and reply with the confirmation number. Here's how to send reports.
Badge +1
Thanks for the reply.

Any other ideas?

Hi Argelius,

It sounds like your Sonos system is registered to an email which is signed up for the beta program. Since it looks like your email is not in the beta your system's probably registered to a different email. If you send in a diagnostic report from your system I can look it up and see what's going on. Please send in a report and reply with the confirmation number. Here's how to send reports.

Thank you very much. Will do.
Confirmation Number: 6279880
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks for the reply.

Any other ideas?

Hi Argelius,

Hi Argelius,

Your system was registered to an email on the @chicagopcdoc.com domain and was signed up for the beta. I've removed that email from the beta so you should be able to update you system back into synch and get everything working. Please let me know if you have any issues.
Badge +1
[quote=Jeff S]

Hi Argelius,

Hi Argelius,

Your system was registered to an email on the @chicagopcdoc.com domain and was signed up for the beta. I've removed that email from the beta so you should be able to update you system back into synch and get everything working. Please let me know if you have any issues.

Thank you so much for your help. Boy...I must have signed up for the Beta a long time ago, since that email hasn't been used in years. I'll be more careful remembering these things next time.

Love Sonos.
Badge
Hello,

I've got the same issue and left the Beta program a few months ago? How to resolve this, as I'm unable to amend the bass levels when listening to music and can't change the surround settings on my TV without the Room Settings option? Thanks Craig.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Go to settings...about my sonos....what version of controller does it say at the top and what version does it say under each of the players. You have a mismatch somewhere.
Hello Sonos, I have the same issue. I do not have room setting in my app anymore. Can you help me get this added back?

Additionally, I just bought a sub, but it will not connect. I am hoping if I get this room setting fixed this will also resolve this issue.

-John
Hi, never mind. I just removed my account from Beta through my account on sonos.com and both problems are resolved. -John
I have this same issue. I left the beta program a few months ago. I sent my diagnostics:7161954
My speakers are on 7.2 and my controller on 7.1. Please help.
I have this same issue. I left the beta program a few months ago. I sent my diagnostics:7161954
My speakers are on 7.2 and my controller on 7.1. Please help.

Seemingly you haven't left, since 7.2 is currently in beta. Try and take your chance once more.
Thanks for the reply Smilja. I clicked on your link and it shows that I'm inactive. How can we resolve?
elunico,

You're welcome. That should do the trick, then.

Cheers,
Smilja
I submitted my diagnostics.
Confirmation Number: 7162460
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I submitted my diagnostics.
Confirmation Number: 7162460

That diagnostic is still linked with an account that's on beta. When you log into the website you'll see a Sonos ID number. Can you check if that number matches the one you're seeing on your Sonos system under About Sonos?

You're likely signing into the Sonos Website using different credentials than your Sonos system is registered to.

If you don't know what the other email this system might be registered to, you can go into System Registration in your Sonos app and change the email address it's registered to.
Sono's ids are different. I can't find system registration on the Sonos app to change the email address.
elunico,

If you own a Mac or PC, then download the desktop app and go to "Help / Sonos System Registration".