Question

Advanced Room Settings missing in iOS App (and no update available)

Badge +1
I am running V 6.2.2 Sonos Controller on iOS. My speakers are all on V6.3.

The advanced room setting (for EQ, etc) are no longer present in the Sonos app.

As I have read elsewhere on these forums, the controller and system must be the same version.

I have tried both "resetting the controller" and uninstalling and reinstalling the app (then reconnecting to the existing system).

When I try "online updates" it says "no update required; your Sonos system is up to date." I also occasionally get a pop-up in the iOS app saying I need to update the system software; however, when I follow the subsequent dialog, I get the same "no update required" message.

I am experiencing these problems on both an iPhone and iPad.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

Round and round we go. System registration takes me to sonos.com. I login and I see no products registered to my email account.
Round and round we go. System registration takes me to sonos.com. I login and I see no products registered to my email account.

More than likely you are registered under a different email. If you had your system put in by an installer, they often use their email instead of registering it to you. Submit a diagnostic, post the reference number here, and a Sonos tech will get back to you with information on how to fix.
I did that two times already in this thread but I'll do it again.
Confirmation number: 7165330
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I did that two times already in this thread but I'll do it again.
Confirmation number: 7165330

And Ryan S (A Sonos employee) responded. Did you follow his advice?

If you're struggling to do that then you would be best advised to call Sonos. I'll wager they will have ship shape and Bristol in now time at all.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
You're definitely registered to a different email address than you're using here on the community. We can't modify that, but as suggested, you can use the Sonos controller on another device to change that up.

Using the Sonos app on a mobile device:
From the Settings menu, select Advanced Settings > System Registration.
Using the Sonos app on a Mac or PC:
Select Sonos System Registration from the Help menu.

If you don't recognize the email address the system shows in part there, you can change the email by tapping on “I don’t have access to this email.” This will allow you to enter in a new email address that you have access to. Your Sonos products will be registered to the new email that you’ve entered.
Ryan, On the iphone app there isn't an Advance Settings choice under Settings. Ver. 7.1
On the windows PC app when I click on Sonos system registration, I see a message box that states "Your sonos system is registered" and a link to sonos.com. There is no email address. Ver. 7.2
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Ryan, On the iphone app there isn't an Advance Settings choice under Settings. Ver. 7.1
On the windows PC app when I click on Sonos system registration, I see a message box that states "Your sonos system is registered" and a link to sonos.com. There is no email address. Ver. 7.2

The Advanced Settings is missing from the iOS because the rest of the players are on a higher version, so it has limited settings.

On the Windows controller, you should still have the option to change the registered email, but if it's missing from that menu, there's another way to get there.

On the Windows controller, go to Manage > Settings > Advanced > Music Sources > Control Sonos from Spotify and follow the on-screen prompts and it'll give you an option to say you don't have access to that email account. It'll then allow you to change the email your system is registered under.
Winner winner chicken dinner. Ryan, Your latest suggestion worked. Thank you!!!
Hi I’m having the same issue. I have a sonos sub linked to a connect amp and I cannot see the advanced audio settings for controlling the sub. I just have one email address registered on sonos and I see all my products registered on it. I am not enrolled in the beta program. The software versions of the controller and devices are both 7.4. Not sure what to do?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi pmath, take a look here for some of the reasons you'd be missing your settings. If your controller and player are on the same version, likely you have a partially supported controller, which means the OS is too old to support all the features of Sonos, so it has limited settings. If that's the case, it'll still work for a little while, but eventually, we'll have to stop supporting that device entirely.
Hi Ryan, I’m using the sonos app on iPhone 7 Plus iOS 11 and iMac 2017 running macOS Sierra, and recently upgraded to high Sierra. All have the same issue.

Edit - Also, I can see the advanced audio settings for my PLAYBAR connected to two play 1s as surrounds in a different room. It just doesn’t show up for the sub connected to the connect amp.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the details. Could you please submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system and reply back with your confirmation number?
Hi Ryan, I have an Incident: 170927-000013 outstanding with tech support for this where I also submitted a diagnostic number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Ryan, I have an Incident: 170927-000013 outstanding with tech support for this where I also submitted a diagnostic number.
Ok, great. I'll make sure that ticket's in the right hands. It's probably best to troubleshoot there anyway.